Monday, April 9, 2018

Three and a half year break

Remember when I used to blog regularly? And post cute pictures of my tiny kids? And record the funny things they used to say? You don't? Well, I don't blame you. It's almost been 3 years 4 years since I've written on this thing! That's embarrassing...and pathetic...

I've been thinking about this little blog of mine, and how it was so therapeutic to write it while all my little kids were at home. And now, all my kiddos are in school. It's both awesome and hard. It's a hard transition. I thought it would be so heavenly and wonderful (and in a lot of ways it is! Like, I can clean my kitchen when the kids leave for school, and it stays clean until 4:00! Say what?!?! It's pretty awesome!) but it's also difficult because I kind of don't know what to do in this phase. I feel like I'm still busy. And I feel like I'm finally able to have a good handle on life (knock on wood), but I also feel like most of the world thinks the next step for me is to get a job outside of the home. And, I'll be honest, I don't see that happening. I'm not naive enough to think that 100% of my time over the last 14 years has been only taking care of kids. Someone has to do the grocery shopping, cleaning, appointment running, cooking, sick-kid caring, laundry, and everything else required to keep a household running. Adding a full time job to that does not sound good to me! When I was talking to Steven about this, he said something to the effect that this is the payoff for all the long hard years of having all the kids home all day. And I like that way of thinking!!

Ok, so I kind of feel like I should do a catch up for posterity's sake. Since, at this point, they will likely be the only ones reading this blog post. Do other people read blogs anymore? Doubtful! I'll try to write a couple new posts over the next couple weeks catching up all that has happened over the last 3 1/2 years! Until then, fingers crossed that I'll actually get back to this!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

That is a LOT of catching up to do! I hope you stick with it because I hate being the only person in the family with a blog! I know it probably isn't "followed" by anyone; but, my grandchildren love looking through it.