Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Picture-less update (kind of)

So, I got a new camera!! I don't have a memory card for it yet, but as soon as I get one, you can bet I'm going to be taking a million pictures! I got a Canon Rebel for a steal of a deal. I bought it from someone who had upgraded to a new camera and they sold it to me for $75! While I'm waiting to get a memory card though, I wanted to get some things written down before I forget.

Landon was reading Robin Hood, and after he'd been reading for a bit he came up to me and said 'Mom, did you know that Robin Hood and Little John didn't know each other at the beginning of the book? Also, Robin Hood is not a fox and Little John is not a bear...' HAHAHA! I was trying so hard not to laugh!

Ella has hit one of my very favorite stages. The talkative two year old. I'll admit that at times I can't hardly stand to hear her say one more thing, but for the most part, I could just sit and listen to her and be entertained all day long! She's got this thing where she not only copies everyone, but accuses everyone of copying her! If someone is annoying her, or has something she wants, or if she's bored, she'll tell me, in that typical whining kid voice, 'Mom  '_________'  is copying me!' (fill in the blank with whoever she feels like tattling on). Well, one day Ella was upset about something and so I was holding her while she was crying. At this same time Grant got hurt in the other room and came in crying as well and Ella yells at him 'GRANT! DON'T COPY ME!' Like he was crying just to copy her!

A couple of weeks ago we were doing Family Home Evening and most of the kids were being surprisingly well behaved. Landon and Grant were sitting next to me, Addie was holding a stuffed bunny and sitting next to Steven and Ella was roaming from person to person. At one point she walked over to Addie and starting fussing because she wanted Addie's seat next to Steven. After a bit later, when Ella was still fussing, Steven grabbed the stuffed bunny Addie was holding and threw it across the room (thinking that Ella was fussing for the bunny and he was at his wits end and trying to get her to stop fussing). Poor Addie looked so confused for a second then we all laughed so hard for the rest of the night that our lesson was over right then!

One night Ella was snuggling with Steven while he was watching some show. In the show two people kissed and when Ella saw it she blurted out 'Eww! They kissed! That's gross!!!' Really? Two years old and already saying stuff like that?!?

Anyway, it's late and I have no pictures to add, but hopefully next time I will!!

1 comment:

Tally Layton said...

Sarah~ I love your kids! They are SO CUTE!!