However, a week and a half ago Steven and I celebrated our 10 year Wedding Anniversary! That's big news! To celebrate we sent the kids to my mom's for 3 1/2 days and we had the most wonderful stay-cation EVER!!
We met my mom in Indianapolis, switched cars with her (leaving our kids in the van she drove away) and traveled on home, alone. Ah...it was a little piece of heaven! Steven surprised me with a beautiful 'timeline' gift he had a lady from church make for me. I love it (I do not love the color my walls look when they're photographed in the evening! And the fact that I have to use the iPod since my camera is broken doesn't help matters much)!
We were able to talk to each other without being interrupted, sleep in, stay out late, go to dinner an hour and a half away and talk the whole time there, during dinner, and the whole drive home (and order dessert because we didn't have to share with anyone but each other!), pick out flooring for our kitchen, visit some new shops we've never been to, play a round of monster mini golf, and go to dinner with some friends without having to pay a babysitter. It was so wonderful!
The chocolate ganache cake we got was seriously the best thing I've ever eaten! EVER!
The last 10 years of marriage to Steven has been better than I could have ever imagined. Steven is the best husband for me. Of that I am sure. We were trying to remember our worst fight. We couldn't remember one. I'm know we've had plenty of arguments or disagreements over the past 10 years, but I'm not sure that we've ever gotten into a 'fight'. His calm, even personality couples my dramatic personality very well. He's patient with me. Kind to me. And so willing to help me in anyway possible. He cracks me up, and I would rather spend time with him than anyone else. I feel so blessed every day that he is the person I get to spend eternity with. The first 10 years have been great, and I can't wait for the next 50+ with him by my side! I love you Steve-adore!
I've got to add a big shout out to my mom who so willingly took the kids for three and a half days and had so much fun with my kids that they didn't want to come home. And who could blame them when Nana takes them to Chuck-E-Cheese, makes them crepes for breakfast, lets them pick out whatever dinner they want from the store (their first time having TV dinners, that none of them loved, but always wanted to try) and makes treats for them. Heck, I'd like to go to Nana's house for three and a half days too! Thanks mom, you're the best!
2 comments:
Yay for 10-year anniversaries, awesome parents who take on 4 kids, and those precious days alone with your husband! We did the same thing in December and oh my goodness, it was just heaven. So fun to feel like you're dating again and just focusing on each other, isn't it?
How fun!!!
Post a Comment