I can't believe the summer is over! I swear, when I was a kid the summer seemed to last forever! Now, it FLIES by! Insane! But, summer break finally came to an end, so we packed up our school supplies and headed to the school Open House last night to see classrooms and turn in supplies. Landon has been REALLY dreading school. He wouldn't let me take any pictures of him in his classroom or in front of the classroom. He is in the same class as he was in last year (it's a multiage grade 2/3 class). His teacher was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of last school year. Over the summer she had one surgery, but unfortunately had to go in last week for another surgery. Then she has radiation treatments all next week. She is planning on coming back as soon as she can, which proves that she TRULY loves what she does! The kids will have the same sub until she gets back, and it's a sub they all love, so it should be a pretty smooth transition.
Addie was excited to meet her new teacher, Ms. Doan. She seemed SO sweet, and has an adorable classroom with a broadway theme. Addie's class is in a portable unit this year, however, the teacher has done such a fantastic job with the room that even Landon was wishing he was in a portable unit after we were done visiting the classroom (and remember, Landon has a SUPER awesome Diner themed classroom with a real Diner counter and booths)!After we were done at the school we hurried home to lay out school clothes for the next day, Steven gave the kids a Father's Blessings, then we hurried into bed with an early bedtime in hopes of making a smoother morning this morning. And boy howdy, did we have a smooth morning! Addie was, of course, super excited! (I tried to be trendy and have the kids hold signs, however, I should have made the ink darker, the font bigger, and the picture closer, so it didn't really turn out as I hoped!)
Also, there was the early morning light we were working with, and I'm obviously not very good at working with the light...
| Addie really loves that her lunch box attaches to her book bag this year. And I really love that she chose one of the cheapest book bags, and it is character free!! |
Such a cool and handsome kid!
We, of course, had to do the traditional pictures next to the school bus and climbing on the school bus.
Grant came home from getting the kids on the bus stop and plopped on the couch and declared that he needed to have a friend over to play because he didn't have anyone to play with now. Luckily, he and Ella played so well all day, and we the cutest little friends.
Even still, we were ready for the bus when 3:40 rolled around. Ella and Grant were so excited to see Landon and Addie.
And we had a great time talking about all the exciting things that happened at school over some cookies and milk (a tradition my mom started for all of us kids, and I'm gladly carrying on).
| I kept asking Addie to smile, but she would only eat her cookie, or pose with her cookie in her mouth. |
4 comments:
So glad they had good first days! Weren't Addie and Eldon just going into Kindergarten not too long ago? I feel like everyone is looking very grown up:). Thanks for the email last night! Also, who can compete with having class in the cottages? Eldon was very excited about that.
Sarah, your kids are darling!!! I agree that the summer went by so fast this year! Hope all is well!
Your kids are so grown up! I too loved going back to school!
The kids are getting soooooo big! I sure hope things go well for Landon's teacher. Can't wait to hear all about their school year.
Post a Comment