Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rewards...

A couple months ago we started reading the Book of Mormon as a family again. We're reading it this time for Addie before she gets baptized. We have set some milestones along the way and when we reach them (completing a book (or section)) we have had little rewards. Well, we reached the half way mark and told the kids they could go to a fun restaurant (I thought they'd pick Chuck-E-Cheese). However, much to my dismay, they picked Golden Corral.
They had heard about this magical place. Where you could get any kind of food you want. And they had a whole section devoted to desserts. And you could get as much as you want! So, we decided to go with Nana and Hannie while we were still there for Thanksgiving break (we extended our stay a couple days). The kids were in heaven. Landon was a bit disappointed because he had heard they had a chocolate fountain, and he imagined it was just like a water fountain, only it sprayed out chocolate into your mouth. I have to say, I was a bit relieved that it wasn't that kind of fountain. Could you imagine how disgusting that would be? With kids sucking on it all the time. Ew! Overall, the kids were SO happy to experience Golden Corral, and Steven and I are glad it's over with!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh, but if they enjoyed it won't they ask to go back?!?