Addie was baptized on her birthday this year. It just so happened that she had her 8th birthday on Memorial Day (May 26th), and we thought, what better day to be baptized than on her actual birthday and on a long weekend when she could have so many family and friends surround her.
Her baptism was so very special. She was so beautiful and I am so grateful for my awesome sister-in-law, Jessica, who willingly took pictures for me (because I didn't take any!)
We had been working on reading the entire Book of Mormon as a family and wanted to get it finished before Addie turned 8. We talked to her about praying about it and asking if it was true. She responded by telling us that she had already prayed about it. And she felt happy in her chest and in her mind she knew it was true. Wow. I'm impressed by her simple, pure faith. And her willingness to ask and receive an answer before we urged her to.
Addie was surrounded by love on her special day. She had her Nana and Grampy, Porter side aunts, uncles, and cousins. Joe and Jennifer (and Tally and Jacob). And her beloved 2nd Grade teacher, Ms. Doan came to support Addie in her decision to be baptized.
She's a special girl and we are so blessed to know and love her!
5 comments:
I stumbled onto your blog today. Addie is beautiful. Love the pictures. Your family is a cute one! Have a great day!
Contraire!! I also read your blog and miss it when you don't post!
Addie is sooooo lovely. I love the picture of her in her pretty dress with her hand on her hip and the picture with Steve with her little tippy-toes. SOooooo adorable!
I read from time to time too! Addie IS wonderful! I feel like I get to know these kids well from sitting with them in primary every Sunday and love to hear about their special moments. I love that Ms. Doan came to see Addie's baptism. I bet Addie loved that!
Beautiful pictures!!!
I read your blog all the time! Some times I read the same thing more than once and miss it oh so much when you do not blog. Just wanted to throw that out there. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment