Saturday, July 14, 2012

Idaho

After driving almost 2000 miles, we finally made it to Idaho. We were excited to spend a couple days, out of the car, visiting with our good friends the Erickson's. Dean and Steven served their missions together in Scotland. And although they were never assigned to be companions, they became life long friends. I first met Amanda at our wedding reception, she and Dean were engaged at the time, and we totally hit it off like we were long lost sisters. We've been able to meet up with them a handful of times since then and every time we find it so easy to talk and anything and everything.

They own a grocery store in their little town and the kids (and Steven) were SO excited when they showed us to our rooms, where were right above the store! I swear every night Steven would go down, into the store, and get dough-nuts or some other treat, just because he could! They added on a little living space for them right off the side of the store. So it was so nice to have our own space for getting the kids to bed and such, but still be so close.

Amanda (and Dean) was the ultimate hostess. When we got in (around 1:30 in the morning!) Dean showed us to our rooms. There were 2 full sized beds and a futon made into a bed. PLENTY of room for us, which was so nice after being in the car for so long. Amanda also hooked us up with some munchies to have when we needed them.
We played at the park, went on a walk by the canal, the kids swam in their pool. I'm so mad that I didn't take more pictures! One day while walking though, I looked behind me to see this, and just had to take a picture!!
One day we went to Yellowstone's Bear World. We were able to see probably 30 bears or more. Plus, they had little amusement rides that the kids could go on. The dad's took the kids on a 'feeding the bears tour' while Amanda and I stayed back with Ella and Grant.


We were also able to see some big elk, and some deer, and some mangy wolfs who were losing their winter coats.



 Like I said, we were having such a great time, that I forgot to take pictures! I didn't get a single one of Dean and Amanda. Grrr!!

On the way out of Idaho we stopped by one of my friends and old roommates, Jennie's, house to chat for a bit. We didn't have much time, but it was SO great to see her and get to catch up with her for a bit!!!
After that, we were on to Utah!

1 comment:

Katy Wilson said...

Oh yeah for getting to visit with Jennie. I was only in Idaho for one summer...but it was the nicest weather I've ever been in.