Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Time Out for Women (aka Once-a-year-weekend-of-bliss)

This past weekend my mom, sisters and I were able to escape, without any kids, to St. Louis. It was a much needed weekend with just the girls! We even rode in an adult car (read: NOT a minivan!!)
 
And since there weren't any cute kids to take pictures of, we had to settle with taking pictures of ourselves!
 


Nice Amanda!
It was a wonderful car ride with uninterrupted adult conversation and chocolate. Some of the chocolate even gave us some advise, which we were happy to follow!
 Then, thank to dad, our first stop was pedicures!!!
Before

After: Ella noticed the little design on my toe almost as soon as I got home!!
 
Then we were able to meet up with some great friends for dinner, then headed out to hear some very wonderful speakers at Time Out for Women.

We stayed up entirely too late talking and laughing. Didn't sleep near enough, and were up early the next morning for breakfast and more wonderful speakers at Time Out for Women. The theme this year was 'Seek the Good' and I felt like this was a message I was obviously meant to get! I had done a Family Home Evening lesson a week or so ago about this same thing. I had also had this theme come up a couple other times in different things I had read and seen. So I think the Lord was trying to get it through to me, that there is always good there, and I just need to look and find it.

It was a wonderful weekend full of fun and I'm so thankful to be blessed with such wonderful friends to call my sisters and mom, and for such a wonderful husband who is so supportive of me having some time to feel like Sarah, and not just like a mom.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I'm so jealous that you got to all hangout and have a fun time! Had I not been coming home for Halloween AND Christmas I should of flown in for the two days!! Oh well...next year maybe. I'm glad you had fun!

Lace and Joe said...

Love the picture with Amanda's crazy eyes!!! So cute!