I got a text the other day from my wonderful Mother-in-Law. It said something along the lines of "No blog in a while, is everything okay?" Then Steven commented later that it had been "Over 3 weeks since my last post..." So I decided that today is the day. I'm going to start to do better at documenting what is going on in our crazy lives.
However, gone are the days when I had the energy to blog every night after the kids are in bed.
And, gone are the days when I spent all day home with the kids searching for things to keep us busy. It seems like with just two kids in school we're plenty busy. And my kids aren't even involved in very much. Landon did just have a play at school, which was super cute and fun. The best part about it was that when the play was over I looked behind me to see my mom sitting in the audience. She surprised us and drove up, just for the day, to watch his play and hang out for a bit. It was a GREAT surprise!!
Also, gone are the days where I have enough hands to snap a million pictures of everything we do (which makes me SO sad!). Heck, sometimes I don't even have enough hands to put pajamas on Ella before bed.
And lastly (but most excitedly) gone are are the days when Grant would put himself to sleep by sucking his thumb!! Last week I was putting lotion on Grant after his bath. Normally he doesn't want me to lotion his thumb because then it tastes weird when he sucks it. But one night last week he said, "You can lotion my thumb. I don't suck my thumb anymore". I was SHOCKED! But, I jumped on that bandwagon as fast as I could. I painted his thumb with that nasty nail polish that is supposed to help people stop biting their nails. Since then, I've allowed him to have his lovey, but he doesn't want it too much since he isn't sucking his thumb anymore. I am still a bit in denial that it is really this easy to break this kid from sucking his thumb, but so far, it seems to be working!!
Okay, well, that's enough for now. My big kids should be home from school any minute and Steven's working late, so I need to brace myself for the chaos that's about to heap itself on me!


1 comment:
FINALLY!!!
Post a Comment