Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

I have heard a lot of people talk about how much they hate Halloween. And when they explain why, I understand. To buy a ton of candy, just to give it away so your kids can walk around begging for candy from your neighbors, to worry about dressing up and staying warm at the same time, and then to have to deal with those scary/nasty/morbid costumes people tend to dress up in. I get that. But, even knowing that, I LOVE Halloween. Well, to be honest, I love holidays in general. Give me a reason to celebrate and I'm all over it like white on rice!

This Halloween was no different. I was a bit disappointed that our original plan for costumes didn't work out (Peter Pan (Landon), Captain Hook (Grant), Wendy (Addie), Tinker Bell (Ella)) but my kids still looked cute in the back-up costumes. SUPER HERO'S!!

Last weekend my kids had fall break so we took advantage of the 4 day weekend and headed to Nauvoo. We were lucky enough to have our fall break coincide with Nauvoo's Annual Pumpkin Walk! It as so great to get to see all the carved pumpkins (about 500) lining the street. It was even more great that I got to see my dear friend Katy. She flew in from Arizona to help draw, carve and set up the said 500 pumpkins. She was super busy, but I was so glad that I got to see her while I was there. It ended up being colder than we planned on, but the kids still had a great time!
 
Then last night we had a festive Jack-O-Lantern pizza for dinner.
Afterward we went to our ward tunk-or-treat, then Steven and the two older kids did some trick-or-treating around our neighborhood once we got home. The kids ended up with a ton of candy, and were thrilled with that!
Overall, I'd say Halloween 2012 was a great success!!

No comments: