Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Advent

Last year we started the tradition of doing a family Activity Advent to count down to Christmas. We were so excited to break it out again this year! First we gathered everyone around to plan out our month. Then decide which activity to do which day. Addie my little teacher/organizer/helper LOVED this part! (and I'd just like to apologize before hand for the crappy quality of my pictures! My ipod seems so convenient to use, but the pictures aren't near as good.)
The first night our activity was to hang our stockings. Santa comes to our house every night in December to check on the kids. If they have been well behaved, then they get a little something in their stockings, so it's important that we get those babies up as soon as possible! (Also, about 4 years ago my Mother-in-Law bought the kids these stockings with their names embroidered on them. Well, about 3 years ago, we accidentally threw them away when we got rid of our old tree. We did have Ella's original, because she's only 2, but I did finally replace the stockings, and my kids were SO thrilled!!!)
Then one day we made sugar cookies:
And wrote letters to Santa!
(because the pictures won't enlarge for some reason (grrr!) I'll just let you know what she said: She said three good things she's done this year are 1: I have been good to people. 2: I played with Ella this year. 3: I do secret service.  And three things she wants are 1: lipstick 2: and ear regs (rings) that fit 3: and I want a fan
 
Landon's letter: Three good things he's done this year are: 1: help my mom, 2: help Addie with her homework, 3: do a chore. And three things he wants for Christmas are 1: mini basketball set. 2: flag football set. 3: Spiderman web shooter.
And Grant's: three things he's done that are good. 1: played with Ella 2: doing my job to clean the toy room 3: stopped sucking my thumb! And three things he wants are: 1: Power Rangers 2: Avenger pants (?) and 3: Super Hero Squad toys

One night we made snowflakes. (which ended up on the tree for some reason)






 
Then one night we made tree ornaments (which, since I've been sick ended up just being me pulling out our craft bucket and glue guns and letting the kids go to town (and make a huge mess!)

                   Grant's                                                                     Addie's
                              Landon                                                                                                   Ella
We had a Christmas music day. And a  Read a Christmas book day.
And a make a Christmas treat and give it to someone day (and it just so happened that I was signed up to take a treat into the kids school for the celebration their having to honor their principal who just won the Principal of the State award!!!
I'm sure I'm missing some things, but there's a brief catch up. (and sorry if the pictures aren't formatted correctly, for some reasons the picture's are acting weird today!!)


No comments: