~There were 22 people together, 12 of whom were kids under the age of 10. (plus 2 dogs)
~I didn't remember to take hardly ANY pictures!!! (grrr...)
~Ella was sick with a stomach bug that resulted in 1 day of puking and 1 day of diarrhea
~My Mom and Dad's car got broken into and my little sister's backpack was stolen.
~The food was delicious, as usual!
~It was much to windy to shoot off any rockets this year, which was quite the disappointment. We did manage to shoot off 2, but after that it was so cold and windy we all decided to head home and drink hot chocolate instead,
~There were a TON of games played. We played MANY games of 7's, a couple games of Dominion and had a riveting game of Spoon with the kids (who all LOVED it!).
~We had a talent show and were impressed with all the many talents in our family!
~The kids had 2 movie nights and many sleepovers with their cousins.
~I got a new washer and dryer on Black Friday (should be delivered next Tuesday, and let me tell you, I am SO excited!!!!!)
~Some Christmas shopping was done.
~The kids had fun swimming in the pool at Nana and Grampy's hotel (although their chemical levels were out of whack, so after about 5 minutes all the kids eyes were burning).
~We played the Grocery Store game with the kids. (where you break up into teams, and each team finds one item somewhere in the store, then everyone switches items and has to find where in the store the other team got their item. My team lost...).
~On Thanksgiving day the toilet and bathtub upstairs decided to leak nastiness all over the downstairs, putting the out of commission for part of the day.
~Steven, Dad, and Casey put up drywall, took out each toilet in the Elmer's house at least 2 times (making a total of at least 6 toilet installations), fixed a couple leaks, and did some other manly handyman stuff.
~We were all sad to leave after 4 1/2 days, and wished we could have stayed longer!!!
Well, blogger is telling me that I can't upload any photos, because I've met my quota for photo storage (or something like that) so I guess it's a good thing I didn't take too many pictures. I'll try to resolve that tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to bed and going to dream of the fun times we'll have in less than a month when we're all together again for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment