| My cake with the creepy candles that melted insanely fast! |
Then he arranged to have the day off of work so I could go shopping at the outlet mall with my mom all day while he was on kid duty! Beforehand he had e-mailed my mom a list of 12 things he loves about me. Throughout the day my mom would read one of the facts to me. It was PERFECT! I didn't buy much, but having the day off of my motherly duties and spending the day with my mother, was so great!!!
And for posterity's sake, here's the 12 reason's Steven loves me!
Reason 1) World’s Greatest Wife!
As you are stuck with me forever; I think you’re a real trooper for
putting up with my shenanigans for the last 10 years. You are the one that got
the short end of the stick despite what your mom has said! You’re too good to
me and are a very considerate partner (except for when it comes to taking naps)
;-) You also always look forward to spending time with me and this is a good
thing because you and I are together forever! Reason 2) World’s Greatest Mom!
I couldn’t have asked for a better momma for my babies. Not only can you produce the cutest babies in the whole wide world; but you’re a great example to them and I love that. You are very consistent with them and quick to spend your time with them playing games or doing a craft. Our kids are cute because of you and I also believe that they are smart because you’re the one that takes the time to work with them on homework and other school stuff.
Reason 3) The Queen of Craft!
I love that you’re good at making something out of nothing and that you get so excited about it. You have a unique ability to create fun things for the family and this is something that not every mom out there can do. There are a lot of women that would love to somehow be as crafty as you’re. Trust me – I get around a lot and I know! Jk
Reason 4) Traditions! (Repeat twice for fiddler on the roof effect)
Growing up I didn’t have too many family traditions
and this is why I am sooooo
glad that you’re quick to think of ways that we as a family can have our own
traditions throughout the year. You are always concerned about creating
positive memories for our family and this makes me happy.
Reason 5) Service Oriented.
Like your sister Amanda said; you’re quick to jump in and help others
and think nothing of it. You have the ability to perceive the needs of others
and you are great at following through with promptings that come to your mind
to reach out and lend a helping hand. This is a great example to me. I have a
long way to go in this area that’s for sure. You’re always happy when serving
those in need and this is a Christ like attribute for certain.
Reason 6) Super Selfless Woman!
This is similar to being service oriented, but I cant help and think of
all the times when you’re helping not only here in the home but in the church
and with friends. Some examples might be watching other people’s kids (ugh) and
helping our kids with school work and other projects. Also, helping our kids
with primary program parts or making scripture totes or other things that they
need. There are many more examples but these are just a few that illustrate how
you give of your time and don’t ask for anything in return.
Reason 7) Domestic Goddess.
You have become world famous at work and in the home over the years for
your great ability to cook and make delicious treats. Everyone raves at work
when I bring in something that you created. In fact, I blame you and only you
for my weight problem. If you weren’t such a good cook I sure I would be rail
thin!
Reason 8) Easily Entertained.
One of my favorite things about you is your low threshold for
entertainment. Cheap date comes to mind, but this is not a bad thing; especially
when you consider how poor we are sometimes! Deep down I know that you’re
happiest when were on a date spending time together. Not sure why but you
somehow find me simply irresistible!
Reason 9) Wholesome.
I really hope that our girls turn out to be just like you when they
grow up. I still don’t know how you managed to live in a bubble and not be
exposed to or tempted by all the worldly things that are out there but you did!
You’re our ticket to the Celestial Kingdom baby!!
Reason 10) Musically Inclined.
This may not seem like a big deal to you but I think its groovy that
you can sing, read music, play piano and strum on the guitar. You can even sing
and play the guitar at the same time and as you know this is just mind boggling
to me! Because of this our kids stand a pretty good chance at one day making
music a big part of their lives. Grant will be a rock star and its all because
of you! (now say ROCKSTAR in the way that Grant would be saying it and say it
out loud!)
Reason 11) Researcher.
Another reason that I love you is because you take the time to figure
things out. This is something that I suck at, and I am glad that at least one
of us has this trait. For example, when we had to give Landon “the talk” it was
you who read books and did the homework so we would be prepared. You were also
the one who fixed the printer along time ago and found a silly solution to just
turn it upside down and shake it real hard! These are two examples that came to
mind but I know there are several more. I admire this attribute that you have
and I would do well to follow suit.
Reason 12) “You Got the Whole Package”.
Just like dirty meat once said; you got the whole package. You’re
pretty #1 and the girls (Addie and Ella) get their prettiness from you. You not
only have all of these wonderful character traits that I have mentioned but
you’re also smoking hot!
I love you dear and there are more than 12 reasons why I love you, but
since its your birthday on 12-12-12 then I just wanted to limit this to 12
reasons. I hope you’re having a great birthday with your lovely mom and come
home safe and sound! You’re the glue that holds this family together and we
love you! And by the way, stop coughing! :-)
(the coughing comment is in reference to the terribly annoying cough I've had for the last 2 weeks!!)
6 comments:
I am glad you have had a good birthday and that you got to spend time with your mom. Kudos to Stevo for that cute note and taking the day off. You are awesome Sarah. I am excited to see you guys when you come down for Sarah's wedding.
Oh, and your cake looks delish too by the way. :)
Awww, so sweet. Wa to go Steve!
How sweet...I bet you were crying by the end of the list, I was!
tiSarah, I don't know you, but Steve and I went to school together. I just saw your blog on another friends blog and had to look. What a darling family you have. Tell Steve hello for me and Merry Christmas!
KeriAnne Powell Swasey
He sure is a keeper! Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday, Sarah.
Post a Comment