Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

A couple of years ago, when I had two small kids and had the energy and mentaly ability to do things above and beyond just keeping these little people alive and fed, I decided to teach my kids the Articles of Faith. Now that I'm an adult, I LOVE the Articles of Faith. I love having, in just 13 short paragraphs, my core basic beliefs. So, I decided, in order to make this easier for my kids, that I would make a small poster with the Article of Faith that we're working on typed up with some pictures inserted for the words so my kids could memorize them easier.

Now, fast forward 4 or 5 years later, 2 kids later, and a whole lotta' brain-cells less, and I decided {again} to teach my kids the Articles of Faith. I decided that we would do one a month for the whole year, focusing our Family Home Evening's around that particular Article of Faith (except the first month, where we're doing one a week, since most of my kids know the first four). I decided to take the time, sit down, and finish up the  hint filled posters. Here's an example of one:


















So, not to toot my own horn or anything, but if you knew how un-computer-savvy I am, you'd understand why I was pretty darn proud of myself!  I had made sure to use the same pictures for repeating words (like gospel, Jesus Christ, Atonement) Anyway, after a couple hours, I had all 13 Articles of Faith done and printed off, ready to be used this year. And wouldn't you know it, two days after I finished these, I saw the same thing, as a free download on Pinterest. Sheesh! I don't know why I even try...


1 comment:

Searls Stuff said...

But... you have the sense of accomplishment that comes from knowing you made these yourself. I think they are great.