Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lately...

Here's what we've been up to lately:

ELLA:This is how Ella spends most of her time lately. Either smiling or in her swing, swinging.
I think we're turning a corner with Ella. For the past month or so, Ella has been in a routine where every evening at 7:30, on the dot, she becomes so unbearably fussy! She isn't happy with anything that you do for her. But for 4 nights now, she has been a lot happier in the evening. I told Steven that I hope this means that she's over it, but he told me not to get my hopes up too high!

GRANT:Poor Grant has been sick with a stomach bug. This picture was taken at 10:00 in the morning on Friday, after Grant and Addie had been up all night throwing up. Our sheets were in the washer but he didn't mind. Luckily, he's feeling better now! He was in the bath this afternoon (after a nasty diarrhea episode) and when he was ready to get out he kept saying 'Steven! I want out. Steven! Steven!' It was cracking us up that he was calling Steven by name. This kid keeps us laughing and lately thinks that family prayer time, is a quite time when we all get together just to watch him preform and show off.

ADDIE:Poor Addie started feeling sick Wednesday. She laid out her heart blanket that Steven gave her for Valentines day, and took a nap in the sun. She started throwing up Thursday night during scriptures. By Friday night, when she was still throwing up about every hour or so, and after realizing that she hadn't peed at all in the past 24 hours, Steven took her into the ER. Luckily she wasn't too dehydrated and they were able to give her a pill to help her stop throwing up. She was a lot better by Saturday. She's been such a great helper lately. She LOVES to help me with Ella.LANDON:Landon learned how to ride a two-wheeler last week. Amanda and Casey came to visit on Wednesday and stayed until Friday. Casey went to Goodwill, and got a tiny little bike for Landon to learn on. Last summer Steven worked with Landon a lot trying to get him to ride a two wheeler, but he was pretty adamant that he wouldn't do it. He didn't even want to try. Well, this past week we were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather, and Landon learned in a matter of minutes. Steven was pretty sad that he was at work and missed it, so the the next day he and Landon went to the store to pick out his new orange bike (since the one Casey got at Goodwill was pretty tiny and pink and purple!). I haven't seen much of Landon since. He spends about every free second in our cul-de-sac riding that bike. I can already tell this summer is going to be super fun!! He got the other kids stomach bug today. He handled it pretty well (even the time when he had it coming out of both ends. Yeah, fun stuff at our house...). He went to bed tonight feeling a bit better and I hope he's over it!Steven and I:
We've just been trying to keep up with all the puke. Addie is an AMAZING vomiter (I know, that's not really a word). She will keep it in her cheeks until she can get to the toilet or bowl. Grant on the other hands, gets mad if you put a bowl in front of him and fights you like a mad man. And Landon is a pro as well. Even still, Steven and I have been in over our heads trying to keep up on the laundry, toast making, sprite getting, face wiping, bathing, and even carpet cleaning we've had to do. We're both hoping that we're over it and this next week will be better than the past 4 days!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful post. Way to capture the sickness without bitterness. Glad they are feeling better. Wish you lived closer so I could hold those sick babies.

Searls Stuff said...

Poor kids! I hope you are all on the mend soon.

Lake said...

We've had a bunch of sickies at our house too. It's no fun!

Leah said...

We had a short bout with sick tummies as well-certainly no fun! Hope all are feeling better!