Friday, February 25, 2011

SHOULD BE...

I should be packing. We're heading to my parents this weekend for my nephew, Porter's baptism (which, incidentally, is on the same day that my parents were baptized 33 years ago!). I have two of the six of us packed (it's crazy to think that I'm in charge of SIX humans now. Six people in my family. CRAZY! How did I get this old? Only old people have 4 kids, right?) Anyway...even though I should be packing, I thought I'd blog quickly (because I am the queen of procrastination and avoidance!).

We don't really have much to report. We got some more snow today. I was just telling a mom at the bus stop yesterday how happy I was that the snow was all gone! That will teach me to share my true feelings. The universe tends to take that information and use it to throw a kink in your plans. Oh well. At least it's not ice and bitter cold like it was a couple weeks ago!

I decided to make a scripture tote for Porter's birthday/baptism gift. I was impressed that I got it done in one afternoon. Especially since this is what my table looked like while I was trying to sew it!It didn't turn out as cute as I had pictured it in my mind. I think from now on I'll stick to following people tutorials and patterns, because when I try to create things I think up on my own, I'm disappointed that it's not as perfect as I imagined it would be. Anyway, it was too late for me to do anything different, so this is what he's getting.In other news, Landon thinks it is SO funny to flip Ella's bib around backwards so it looks like she has a cape. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of it, mainly to get a picture of her awesome bald spot, which everyone in my family lovingly refers to as her 'back bangs' since it looks like someone just cut bangs in the back of her head!

And this boy is a crack up!I swear, two years old is one of my FAVORITE ages! He is always making us laugh!! He is constantly pretending to be Mr. Bean. Here he is pretending to me Mr. Bean when he gets locked out of his hotel room without his clothes on. I could see Grant being the next generation Mr. Bean!Now I supposed I should get back to packing! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kathy N said...

That scripture bag was way cute! I love the whole "monster" thing that is popular these days.
I'm telling my mom you said she was old! She has 4 kids.

tacy said...

Crap! Kathy N was actually Tacy :\

Katy Wilson said...

i read and re-read and re-read my 'mom's comment cause I was sure that I had missed something cause it seemed weird that my mom would call my grandma and tattle tail on you...then I read tacy's comment and it all made sense...

I do think the scripture bag is adorable andI too love the monster theme...I wonder what will be cool by the time i get around to buying kids things...

Lace and Joe said...

Oh your kids are getting way to big and I'm totally missing it. Be safe driving to your moms.