Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My son, the expressionist

Landon LOVES to draw. It is his favorite past time. He is always doodling in a note book, usually with a blue or black ink pin, which usually means that he has pen on his hands and/or face. Last night before family night he decided to draw everyone in our family. Here's the picture he drew. Here, I've added some descriptions in case you need help figuring out who's who. In case you didn't notice, he didn't spare any details in my anatomy (and I was wearing clothes, he just felt like being detailed I guess). Observant kid. I asked him if Addie was picking her nose, he said no, but she was touching her face when he was drawing her. He also redrew his picture of himself because he said he 'looked like a scary girl'. Can't say I disagree with that. I didn't get a picture of the second draft.

(as a side note, I made this hat today while on the phone with my mom and Amanda, so I thought I'd post a picture for them to see. when I get a better picture I'll post it to my Etsy account, which by the way, if you haven't looked at yet, just click on the top picture on my side bar and you can browse my shop (which I'm hoping to get more stuff added to). Also, mom, take a picture of your sewing room to show me!! This is your reminder.)

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

bahahahahahahahahaha....that picture with your boobs makes me laugh! also, at first i thought steven was playing his bagpipes...not holding ella. SO FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

I think your son takes his drawing skills from me and his smarts from your mom!

Kathy said...

Funny pictures. I thought you were on the computer too. That is funny. Cute hat. I love it. I will go downstairs now and take a pic of the fabric shelf. Love you.

Searls Stuff said...

Landon's picture gave us all a chuckle. That is quite a creative little guy you have there!