Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a glipse of how I feel at the end of the day

Tonight at dinner Grant said the prayer (that's nothing new, because anytime Grant knows it's time to say a prayer, he quickly starts praying before Steven can ask anyone else to say it. He's kind of greedy when it comes to saying prayers). He ALWAYS says "...please bless Landon and Addie, Ella and Dad." So, at dinner, he said that, then ended his prayer. I repeated that portion of his prayer and asked everyone if they noticed anything missing (namely, MOM). Grant quickly said 'Oh, and food!'

Then while talking over dinner, Addie said 'Mom, I wish you went to work like Dad does.' A little hurt, I asked why. She informed me it's because then she could go to someone else's house. Our house is boring because she always knows everything about our house.

Nice to know I'm appreciated around here! (maybe they'll all appreciate me more on Saturday night when I get back from being in Cincinnati for two days with my mom and sister and NO KIDS!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Kids say the darndest things!!

The Asays said...

So glad you get to go to "Time Out" this year, please take notes for me. I'm bummed I'll be missing it. I hope you get the boost that sometimes our kids fail to give us :-).

Zarsky Family said...

A little trip always helps the family appreciate mom a little more...at least for a few days :)