I've always loved fall. It's always been one of my favorite seasons. This year has not disappointed. We've been able to enjoy fall parties at school (not Halloween parties, might offend someone who doesn't celebrate Halloween!) fall break from school which took us to Nana and Grampy's house for a long weekend, and dressing up and getting candy at the trunk-or-treat!
Addie's Fall Party was fun! She was able to enjoy pumpkin bowling and pumpkin toss, mask making, pin the nose on the pumpkin, and some yummy snacks!! (seriously, have you seen a cuter kindergarten? I don't think so! She's such a sweet girl!!)
Landon's party was also fun! He had a relay race, hot pumpkin (like hot potato), decorating pumpkins and cupcakes, and also some yummy food! I wish I had half the energy those kids have!
I love going into the kids classes because I love to hear things about them. Mrs. Taylor, an aide in Landon's class, was telling me how cute she thinks Landon is. She's an aide for a disabled girl in his class and she was telling me how sweet and kind he is to everyone in the class. Then she said one day she said to him 'Landon, I think you're just so cute' and he said 'I know, my mom tells me that all the time!'. She got quite the kick out of that. Addie's teacher was excited to see how much Ella has grown since last year when Landon was in her class. I actually saw her showing Ella off to a couple other mom's a time or two! These two hoodlums had a great time plays in the classrooms as well!
After the parties we loaded up and headed to my mom and dads for fall break. Steven was going to Kirtland, Ohio with the youth from church, so it was just the kids and I heading to my moms. We had fun just hanging out and going to Chuck E. Cheese's. Nana's always good for some spoiling! When we got home, Steven had gotten the kids some gifts from Kirtland. He got Addie a 'Rag Doll Kit'. She was so excited to put it together and I told her that we'd do it after church on Sunday. Well, we knew we'd have to make the doll, but we never guessed it would be from total scratch!!! This was what came in the kit.
And that is what we ended up making. It was not really a 5 year old craft or activity. That's for sure! But Addie was happy with it when it was done (and I was glad to have it done! I had to make that entire doll, stuff her, put her together, make the dress and apron! And my fingers are too big for such little work!)
And then tonight was Halloween! The kids have been SO excited about this! Landon told me a while ago he wanted to be a skeleton. I wasn't super excited about this choice, but when I was in Cincinnati a few weeks ago I found these pajamas at an outlet for $4. I couldn't pass that up! We added a little face paint (we were going to do more, but he was quite opinionated how he wanted it done!) and we couldn't quite get it all off afterwards. I wonder if face cleaner or makeup remover would help, but I don't have either of those things.
We borrowed this ADORABLE space suit from my friend, Lucy, for Grant. He was the cutest little astronaut I've ever seen!! He really loved getting candy, but was tired of walking from car to car (good thing we opted for the Trunk-or-Treat instead of actual Trick or Treating!)Ella was without a costume until yesterday when, out of desperation, I crocheted this bunny hat. I am not very happy with the way it turned out, but at least she had something! She really messed up her face paint about 2 minutes after we put it on. So, I had to wipe it off and she just looked messy the rest of the night. Oh well, she's cute any way!
Addie was an owl. I made her hat and shirt and she was happy with it. That's my kind of costume. Nice and easy! She kept pulling her hat down over her eyes an flapping her arms and whoo-ing like an owl! It was cracking me up (mainly because it was creeping Landon out!).
Before we went trunk or treating we headed to Applebees where they were letting the kids eat free on Halloween. I'm always up for eating out, because then I don't have to cook or clean up! I was hoping that a full belly would help cut down on the candy consumption. I'm not sure if it worked.
| Ella enjoying a mini tootsie pop! She was in heaven! |
6 comments:
Thanks for posting the pics. Even though I just saw you guys, it's great to see their costumes. So much fun. You are a great mom! Keep up the good work (I think Ella's bunny ears are sooooo cute).
That was Kathy (again!)!!!
At first I thought Ella was a piglet! That was from STevens pictures on facebook...but the bigger picture on the blog looks like bunny for sure!
cutie!
The school party sounds like a blast. Our district has 3 parties a year, so our campus opts for Winter, Valentine's, and End-of-Year. I miss the fall parties!
Your costumes are adorable.
Great costumes, I love the skateboarding owl. also, i think the doll needs a little face drawn on her. i miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment