Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Too bad you can't blog without pictures...

I can't find my camera, but if I had it, these are some of the moments I would have captured and blogged about today.
  • Having a picnic lunch, at the park, with all four of my kids in the middle of a school day! I felt like I was getting away with doing something I knew I shouldn't do, but the kids had to get their flu shots today, so we picked Landon up when we picked Addie up from 1/2 day and went and had lunch together at the park to kill the hour we had before flu shots.
  • I also would have taken a picture of Grants cute little face while doing the 'spider' on the swings with me . He was in HEAVEN! And he giggled and smiled the WHOLE time.
  • I would have tried to capture a picture of Landon's cute toothless face and write about how while walking toward the park, and while walking back to the car, he held my hand and told me that I was the best mom in the whole world and his most favorite mom ever!
  • I would have taken a very sad picture of Grant crying while getting his flu shot (he cried more than Ella did) and the pain on Landon and Addie's faces as they asked why the two babies couldn't get the flu mist like they did. I know that sounds sad, but I love how my kids feel each others pain. Landon and Addie were both covering their ears with compassionate little faces at hearing their siblings have to get a shot!
  • And then there was the time that Ella, who was a complete pill all day, climbed up on our neighbors pack and play that my neighbor brought over and put on the floor by our piano, and stood on it to plink away at the piano and entertained herself for a good 15 minutes (her calmest 15 minutes during the whole day)! It was SO cute!!!
  • I would have also taken a picture of the obedience cards I made for my kids. They have 3 cards, blue, yellow, and red. If they don't obey the first time they're asked to do something, then they have to move their card from blue to yellow, then from yellow to red. Each time they move their card they have to go to bed 5 minutes earlier. And for every 5 times they end the day with a blue card (the best) then they get to go on a date with either mom or dad. We discussed obedience last night for Family Home Evening (we didn't have it on Monday because Steven had to work late and Landon had soccer, so we did it on Tuesday), and today was our first day with the cards, and they did great! They each had to move their card once, but I think it's going to a good way to get back in the habit of obeying the first time you're asked!
Since I don't have my camera though (did I leave it at your house, mom?) I guess I can't do these little tidbits in my day justice with a picture filled blog post.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I like the idea of obedience card but lack the punctuality of a consistent bedtime-at lease one where 5 minutes would make a big difference. How do you do it?!

Kathy said...

I haven't seen your camera but I will look because I would love to see Landon's toothless face holding your hand and Grant doing the spider with you, and Landon and Addie holding their ears, and Ella playing the piano, and your obedience cards. Find that camera quick!! Love you!

Brittany said...

Your words are picture enough. The words will bring back the images in your head. And it's put one in mine.