A while back I was practicing this 'Fake it 'til you make it' form of motherhood. Mainly regarding patience. I was trying to pretend that I was patient in hopes that after enough days of pretending I would find myself becoming a very patient and kind mother. Well, I've realized I can only fake it for so long. Faking will only get me so far. If I'm at the store and my kids are misbehaving, I can fake patience there. If we are at church and my kids are talking too loud, I can fake it there.
But come bed time, and I have one kid screaming at me that he needs to drink a gallon and a half of water (even though he knows he can't or he'll pee the bed), another kid who keeps coming into my room insisting she has something to say to me, but doesn't say a word when I let her talk, and a baby who for some reason is fussy even though he's typically the best baby ever, Faking it just doesn't make it!! I can't fake it that much. I'm not that good of an actress. But the good news is that it's now 9:30 and they're all in their beds and not screaming at me anymore...
Onto other things. We went to Nauvoo this weekend. We love going to visit. We have great friends there who are always fun to socialize with and Steven loves the church history stuff. We were able to do some family history stuff while we were there, which was fascinating. The only bad thing was that the Temple was closed for cleaning.
Steven at the Mansion House.
And of course the Temple. The picture is pretty bad but it was taking through the windshield as we were driving by.
4 comments:
So, just because Katy isn't here, you can't visit the rest of us?
I was thinking that the sky was doing something really cool in that picture of the temple...but upon ready the blog more thoroughly I see it's just the windshield tint...
either you ARE a really good actress or you really are the most patient mom I've ever seen!! seriously, not that I'm around you and your family that much, but you seem pretty darn patient to me!
You're awesome! Hang in there!
Post a Comment