Steven decided to cut his hair earlier last week. He messed up a bit, and in the attempt to correct his mistake, just made it worse. As a result his entire head was buzzed with a #1. Landon thought Steven looked pretty funny. The next day Landon was at Joy School. Amanda was teaching about mammals and mentioned that one way to tell if it's a mammal is if it has hair or fur. Landon pipped in and said 'My dad used to be a mammal but now he's just bald'. We got a good chuckle about that.
Mr. Grant is such a fun and cute baby. I think it is so cute when he's tired and gets his lovey. So many times it ends up covering his head. I thought this shot of his little lips and thumb under his lovey is too cute!
We did end up to to the auction on Saturday. It was very different than what I thought. Anyone could put things into the auction, and they had a space with all of their things and the auctioneer would just walk from space to space auctioning the stuff off. It was kind of like a BIG yard sale, with a fast talking auctioneer. It was pretty fun, but we didn't get anything. Here's a snapshot I took when we pulled up.
After the auction we headed over to campus where they were having a 'Spring Fest'. The bug bowl (as it's usually called) is always fun. We were mainly happy the weather was so nice!!

Steven entered the 'Cricket Spitting Contest' and he spit his cricket the farthest of everyone else in line with him. I still get the heeby-geebys when I think of him putting a cricket in his mouth!
Picking his cricket
Past the 20 yard line!
There were mimes and crafts and balloons a Cake Walk (and the kids thought it smelled bad inside the tents).







I found the perfect climbing tree, but they must have know that it would have been tempting for kids (and adults) because they had it fenced off.
And Landon's favorite part was seeing the cakes that were decorated like bugs. 


Steven also started building my square foot garden this weekend. I'm excited to start getting stuff in the ground!

And last but not least, the Young Women's presidency was released today. We knew this was coming so it wasn't much of a shock. It's bitter/sweet. I loved serving in YW, but am SUPER excited to go to Relief Society for the first time in about 4 1/2 years!!!
4 comments:
Well it looks like alot of fun! I can't believe how big your kids are!!! It is a nice feeling to be released from calling, but sad at the same time. It's nice to not have a church responsiblitiy...even if it only last a couple weeks or so!
I miss the bug bowl! It looks like you guys had fun. Spencer spit a cricket years ago and freaked out about it the whole time. It was hilarious. Tell Steven that he was really brave, I would rather die than do it! :) I'm sad you got released. I think that the girls loved you. You always seemed to do such a great job at the calling too. Miss ya
So, do crickets taste like chicken?
that looks like fun but the thought of putting a cricket in my mouth is gross. was there any incentive for spitting the farthest? Or did he just get bragging rights?
Post a Comment