First of all, my mom is doing a lot better! I can't explain how thankful I am for the doctors who were able to help her. After I heard she was in the hospital I kept waking up during the night thinking about how my life would be if my mom weren't here anymore. I honestly think it would be harder for me to lose my mom now than it would have been when I was in high school. I depend and rely on her a TON now. When I'm cooking and have a question, I call mom. When I'm not sure how to handle something with my kids, I call mom. When I'm feeling sad, I call mom. When I'm happy or excited about something, I call mom. Honestly, it is bazaar if I go a day without talking to her. So, needless to say, I'm much relieved that she's home and on the mend. How lucky and blessed we feel. Landon asked her the other day on the phone if she was feeling better. She told him she was and he said 'I know you are, because my prayer made you better!' Such simple and powerful faith.
Onto other things though... The weather was so beautiful today that we were able to spend almost all day outside. It was so nice and perfect that I forgot my camera in my excitement. This morning Amanda and I took the kids on a walk while Steven was at bagpipe lessons (just a side note: Steven's bagpipe teacher, is not only giving him lessons for free, but told Steven this week that he bought Steven a set of bagpipes! That's between $750 and $1000!! What a generous kind man!). When he got back, we took the kids on a picnic and let them play at the park for most of the afternoon. The kids and I played at the Elmer's for a while Steven went to the hardware store to get the supplies for my square foot garden. Then we had our ward party tonight, which was a ton of fun (especially when Steven and Casey sang 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' during the Karaoke show). It was a great day.
I think tomorrow we might go to our first auction. I'll be sure to post about it if we go. Wish me luck, I've always wanted to go to an auction!
2 comments:
I totally feel the same way about my mom. It's like we're best friends now because she understands everything you are going through.
Scott will be so jealous when he hears about the bagpipes! I can't wait to hear a concert.
Post a Comment