Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Changes

Well, it's official. Our TV broke for good this week. It's been quite the blessing actually. Steven has been wanting to cancel our cable for quite a while,(we had just the basic 20 channels, but Steven wanted to save the money and just cancel it) but I kept dragging my feet. Ever since I had Grant, TV has been my zone out tool. Every night when the kids are in bed I'll fold laundry (or just sit there doing nothing) while watching TV. But when the TV broke, I thought, well, it's not that important that we buy a new one right away, so I canceled the cable and I feel so free. It's weird. Anyway, we will get a TV eventually (maybe on sale at Black Friday or something) but for now, if the kids happen to want to watch a movie, we have our portable DVD players they can use. But really, the weather has been so nice lately that they're spending most of their time out side! It's really been great.(I'm not sure if there's more pizza sauce or shaving cream on that face!)

Landon has been trying to learn to ride a two wheeler bike. He's been pretty excited about it, but hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. Steven works with him every night when he gets home. Hopefully he'll catch on soon.I help out at the kids preschool. So all the kids there call me Ms. Sarah. Today on the way to preschool Landon said 'Mom, guess what. Dad married Ms. Sarah!' and he just started cracking up! Like the thought of 'dad' being married to someone other than 'mom' was really funny to them! Then they kept going on and on like, 'yeah, and dad likes to KISS Ms. Sarah!' or 'Dad likes to hold Ms. Sarah's hand!' oh man, they were rolling! It was pretty funny to listen to!Yesterday the kids all wanted to shave like dad. Steven put shaving cream on Landon and Addie's faces and Grant was throwing a fit because he wanted some too! When Steven finally put some on him he was not liking it! It's funny how opinionated a little guy can be, especially about things he doesn't really know anything about!

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

that is so funny that you posted those picture because just a couple days ago I was thinking about when my dad would let us 'shave' with him and how i LOVED that and thought it was so cool!!

Amanda said...

Landon learning to ride a two wheeler is exciting. Maybe when we get there Porter and Landon can ride together. I wish Maya was a little more motivated to learn...oh well.

Zarsky Family said...

Cute kids! They are all getting so big. Don't they all want to be like their daddies? I did use the cricut to cut the letters for the project on my blog.