Friday, April 23, 2010

News and Tender Mercy's

I feel like it's getting to the point when I can't really continue hiding it, so I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm pregnant! I'm only about 11 weeks along, but it is really past the point of hiding. If my growing waste line isn't shouting it loud enough, then my attitude and tired bags under my eyes should be giving it away. Things are going a bit smoother than they were at first, and to get myself through my grumpy (and I mean grumpy) and so sick days, I started trying to keep track of the little things in life that made me feel loved. So, here's a condensed list:

*Steven waking up in the middle of the night to clean the house for me so I could wake up to a clean house. (much needed since my ambition to do ANYTHING has left and the house is going to pot FAST!)
*Melissa coming over while I was gone to fold all 8+ loads of laundry.
*Shayla coming over to give me some vitamin's and things to try to help my morning sickness (more like all day sickness, with a tiny break from 11-1 every day) and offering to do laundry and what ever else I wanted done! (The SAME day that Melissa folded all my laundry!)
*Landon being an extra great helper and keeping Grant out of the bathroom while I puke.
*Landon telling me he thinks there has to be a baby in my belly because I've been throwing up A LOT and mommies throw up a lot when there's a baby in their belly.
*Grant pretending to gag as I brush my teeth and gag/throw up.
*Landon pretending to throw up and when I walked into the bath room to ask what he was doing he said 'I wanted to make you think I was pregnant too' It's a lot cuter watching him do it than doing it myself!
*Sweet Terry Smith making me a freezer meal just because she knew I'd been feeling so yucky!
*The nurse taking my third call and sobbing (literally SOBBING) seriously and FINALLY prescribing me a medication that doesn't turn me into the Spahn of Satan AND keeps me from throwing up! HALLELUJAH!!!! (can I just tell you how cheated I feel that it wasn't until my 4th pregnancy that I realized there was stuff to keep you from barfing your guts out!! Oh it's just heaven! I still feel queasy in the morning, but at least it ends in the morning and I don't throw up! Oh, it really is heaven I tell you!)
*Steven letting me sleep in on the weekends and nap as much as I can.
*BEAUTIFUL weather so my kids can play outside so I don't feel like a TOTAL failure when I'm not really interacting with them very much.

Anyway, I'm in a better place now that I'm on some meds that make me feel somewhat normal instead of like I'm knocking at deaths door. I had my first appointment last week. She said I'm measuring big. About 3 weeks bigger than I am. Normally, (and sorry if this is too much information) at the 10 week mark your uterus is barely out of your pelvic bones, mine was almost to my belly button. So, they wanted to check my glucose levels to make sure I didn't have gestational diabetes. I went today and they said my levels were a bit high, so I have to go in next week and get blood work done, then drink the nasty stuff again, and get my blood drawn every hour for three hours. That should be fun! Especially since I don't have the best veins, and last week the lady had to try twice to get some blood. Four times total in one day should be quite a doozy! Although, today when I went to the lab, the lady did get it the first time, so I'll remain hopeful!

Anyway, I've got some baby blankets to sew for a shower I'm going to tomorrow so I'll leave these cute pictures of my kids playing. They were pretending to be 'Jack' and 'Annie' from 'The Magic Tree House' books. And at this time Jack and Annie were ninjas. Hence the hat and glove (but only one glove for some reason!)

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Addie looks so funny with that crazy hat on. I am glad the meds are working, the van is working, Steven is working, etc.

Gigi said...

Congratulations Sarah! I am so happy for you to be adding to your family! (I'm sorry you've been sick though.) I was thinking about how pretty you looked last Sunday and that your kids are darling. You are a great mom! Good luck.

Dani said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I wish I were there to kidnap your children for the day. They would keep mine entertained and happy, and I would love knowing that you were getting a break. You really are a great mom Sarah. I so admire you.

Amanda said...

Addie is too funny. What a little hooligan

Nina said...

Congratulations! Wow, little Harward #4--we're so excited for y'all! :D

Jessie said...

YAY! That is so exciting!

Zarsky Family said...

Congrats! I'm glad you have medication now; puking is not fun. I'm sure the kids are loving outside playtime, so cut yourself some slack :)

Sophie Caroline said...

Wahooooooo! Another squishy baby on the way!

Leah said...

Congratulations, Sarah-even if it brings mixed feelings while you are puking! I feel like I must be pretty self-absorbed if I have missed the boat this completely!! Let me know if there is something I can do!!

Searls Stuff said...

Congratulations on the new addition! I am reading the Magic Tree House books to my class. We are up to # 17. I love it when you find a book that is enthralling and educational.

Alayna said...

Yay! Congrats on #4!!!

Kathleen said...

Sarah
Fun to catch up on your blog! And congrats on the upcoming arrival. Very exciting! :) Although I'm sorry for all the sickness...that is no fun.