I only have a second, because it's almost 9:00, which has turned into my new bedtime. Not necessarily out of choice, but out of necessity. I truly have to FIGHT to stay up longer.
Last night Landon had a soccer game and got to play goalie for the first time. I forgot my camera, but I really wished I had my video camera! He was cracking me up. He spent almost the whole time running between the two posts (that are padded with thick blue padding) and making himself bounce off of them. Honestly, I was dying! It was SO funny. He was totally unaware that there was a game going on at the other end of the field. Then, when the ball finally got on his end of the field, he ran out of his goalie area to try to get the ball, his coach directed him back towards the goal, where the ball was headed, so he THREW himself on the ball to stop it, which he did, but I think he may have also gotten kicked. He thought it was totally awesome!
After his game we went to get an ice cream cone. We were in the McDonald's drive through and he was trying to read the sign on the building next to us. KFC. All of a sudden he says, "F*@K? F*@K? Mom what does F*@k mean?" Steven and I looked at each other with very wide eyes, wondering where in the world our 5 year old heard the mother of all swear words. Steven asked him and he said, 'Well, what else does FC spell?' He was trying to sound it out and got to the last two letters, threw in his own vowel sound and that was the word he got. We told him it didn't mean anything and not to say it again. We tried REALLY hard not to laugh, but it threw us totally off guard! He's a great kid who always keeps us entertained!
4 comments:
Good for Landon, stopping that ball and good for you and Steven for stopping that potty mouth :) Cute story~
I love watching the kids that aren't in the middle of the action during any game. You can always tell which ones have the best imagination. I bet it was really cute.
I can see him bouncing off the poles and jumping on the ball! Too funny, that boy.
Sarah, honestly I think if you posted a blog every single day it still wouldn't be enough for me. I literally check your blog every day, sometimes multiple times a day to see if you've updated because I LOVE your blogs. I miss you all so muchhhh!!!!!
Post a Comment