It was such a great uplift. I really felt like I need to find the positive in every aspect of my life. Not complain about being a mother, but appreciate that I'm a mother. It really made me realize that by serving and loving and caring as a mother, I'm becoming more and more like my Savior, Jesus Christ, if I let the experience lead me there. Sometimes it's easy to feel burdened, put upon and taken advantage of. Sometimes I just want to scream, 'Can't I do anything for myself?' 'Can't I have anything for myself?' But this weekend I realized the Savior didn't do things for himself. He served constantly. He didn't have anything for Himself, but was always giving of Himself. Anyway, there's no way I could sum up all the insights I had this weekend, but it was WONDERFUL!
This weekend was also our Stake Conference. Elder Richard G. Scott came out for it because we got a new Stake Presidency. Sadly, our bishop, whom we all LOVE to pieces, was called as the 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency. I told Steven before the meeting began this morning that I was so nervous that we would lose Bishop Gibb. Really, I'm not kidding, he's amazing! When they announced his name my heart sank! I'm sure the next bishop will be great, but he really was amazing! Anyway, I was very thankful that we arranged to get a babysitter last night for the adult session of Stake Conference. It was so powerful and wonderful to hear Elder Scott's testimony in person. The whole meeting was great and the spirit was so strong. I'm so thankful for the knowledge that I have that there are living Prophets and Apostles on the Earth today. Our Heavenly Father loves us enough to provide us with wonderful leaders who will counsel and lead us in the way the Lord wants us to go.
After having had such an uplift all weekend at Time Out for Women, then getting home to go to Stake Conference I was just overcome! After the session last night we got in the car and I just started bawling. I told Steven that I'm not sure how to explain it except for my cup runneth over. I was painfully aware of my short comings and the areas where I'm lacking. However, I felt so hopeful and such a resolve to do better and to become better. I guess I was very humbled and so overcome with the Spirit. It was an amazing weekend!
4 comments:
yeah for spiritually high weekends. yeah for friends moving closer to each other. yeah for moms that come and visit. yeah for amazing families. yeah yeah yeah!!
You are right, I do look like a sad clown, all because Amanda wasn't there. I love you and loved my Sarah time :)
I wish I would have been there. Sounds like a great weekend. I love you.
"I, like usual, look like I have a disability." hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Post a Comment