Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Quiet Time
I have been LONGING for some quiet the past two days. I think someone has been tampering with the volume switch for our house and has permanently affixed it to the highest position! Last night (because Steven was working late) the kids and I did our grocery shopping for Family Home Evening, then made cookies. Ella decided to scream through the WHOLE thing. Like SCREAM! So, I had to carry her through Aldi, while pushing my cart that was stuffed with 9 bags of flour, 6 bags of sugar, 2 carton of eggs, 3 gallons of milk, cheese, oranges, bananas, Grant, and who knows what else. Basically, it wasn't the easiest cart to push with one hand, especially with Addie swinging on the front of it. Anyway, the house is FINALLY quiet since Ella and Grant are both sleeping, and Addie and Landon are both playing in their room with all the new toys that Grandma sent (two boxes since yesterday). I thought I'd quickly update my blog, then I'm HOPING I'll get to take a quick nap. Doubt it, but I can hope.
Ella is taking to her Lovey. On the way to my parents last weekend Ella somehow got a hold of Grants lovey and was holding it and sucking her thumb. Then the other day I found her in her swing like this. I've been giving it to her more often, but usually it just lays next to her. But more and more she's been holding it to her face while she's sleeping. SO CUTE!
I keep forgetting to write about the lesson Landon gave my brother Brad when we were visiting at the beginning of February. Brad and Jessica decided to take all of mine and Amanda's kids (except for the three littlest) to the movies. While there Landon told Brad that he knew what the 'D-word' was. Brad was intrigued, so he asked what it was. Landon told him. Dumb. Then the 'S-word'. Stupid. Then the 'E-word'. Brad was a bit confused with this one so he asked Landon what bad word started with the letter E. Landon quickly informed him that the 'E-word' is Idiot.
Addie is as SASSY as ever! The other day she filled up a HUGE water bottle with Cranberry-Pomegranate juice and a huge cup of it for Grant. Grant spilled his all over the stairs, and so I told her that she and Grant were only allowed to have water for the rest of the day. She whined at me, 'But what if I need milk?!?!' I told her she'd just have to live with water. 'But what if I want CEREAL!?!?!' she begged. Then you'll get water on your cereal, I told her. She wasn't happy with that answer so she looked at me and said (and I quote, because I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget) "Mom, you know what is really your job, instead of being MEAN?! Making LUNCH and DINNER!" then she stormed out of the kitchen. See? SASSY!
And Grant has been telling me that he wants a spank lately. He'll come up to me, point his bum at me, and then say 'Mom, Iant(his noise for I-Want) Spank.' I'm not sure where he got this from, since we're not really big spanker's. He has been saying the word "Poopie" a lot, and I did threaten him with a spank a couple times, so maybe that's where he got it. He thinks saying the word 'poopie' is the funniest thing a person can do. Mainly because when he says it, Landon and Addie laugh uncontrollably, because they're not suppose to say 'potty words' like that, so it's funny for them to hear them coming out of Grants mouth.
And just for fun here's some funny pictures that I took today with the lip-suckers that came in one of Grandma's packages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Umm, is Grant's hair red?
We sure miss you guys. We need to arrange another time to get together.
Post a Comment