After two and a half months, we FINALLY got Grant to poop in the potty!! Now, most people wouldn't think poop was a blog worthy subject, but when you've cleaned up poop in underwear every other day for 2 1/2 months, believe me, poop in the potty is one of the most exciting things!!! On Tuesday Grant pooped in the potty three times! Now that's amazing since he normally only poops once every two days. Yesterday, he did poop once in his pants, but I have faith that we're past the worst of it. This has, by far, been the hardest kid for me to potty train. He's always done great with peeing in the toilet, so maybe I just need to count my blessings!
<> > |
| Grant was so 'pooped' from finally pooping in the potty that the next day I found him on the couch, asleep, at 10:00 in the morning!! Cute boy!!! |
 |
| Ella was pretty excited too. So excited in fact that she decided to pick up a new hobby. It's called 'Let's see how much toilet paper I can waste before mom makes me stop!' I'm not a huge fan of this game! |
In other news, I was so excited to start a new quilt class recently. Tonight I finished the quilt top. I thought this quilt would take me FOREVER. It was a lot of cutting (by hand, I much prefer using a rotary cutter!) and each flower layer required additional cutting. But I was so surprised how quickly it went. My plan is to have this quilt for Ella, and to make a full size quilt with the same flowers, but in clusters for Addie. Then, next Summer, when I move the girls into a room together they'll have coordinating bedding. I'm excited to get the border on and to start quilting it!!
 |
| I haven't pressed it yet, so I'm hoping that pressing it will take care of that bunching look (I think I need to play around with the tension on my machine. It's acting funny!) |
 |
| Once it's quilted and washed, each layer of the flower will fray adding a textured look to the quilt. |
3 comments:
Pooping is definitely blog worthy-any mother will agree! Congratulations! Both my boys were tough nuts to crack in that department and it was really only when Ian got sick and had diarrhea for days that he really got consistent. And I love the quilt! It will look so cute frayed and matched with one for Addie! (Way to plan ahead too!)
Yahoo! Simple milestones are ALWAYS worth celebrating.
cute quilt. I can't wait till it's all washed and frayed.
Post a Comment