Sunday, February 19, 2012

No one can compare

I think everyone thinks that they were blessed with the best spouse (well, not everyone I suppose. Because if everyone did, then people wouldn't get divorced, right?). But I am 100% convinced, and there isn't a person out there who could convince me otherwise, that my husband is by far the best!! Besides the obvious things like being dangerously good looking and a super great kisser (maybe that's only obvious to me and his previous ex-girlfriends), he is really quite thoughtful!

Our anniversary is the week before Valentines day (which I've mentioned in a previous post). As a gift for me he bought me a ticket to go to Arizona to visit my best friend Katy (as I've also mentioned in a previous post). I was able to have adult conversation, without being interrupted for a solid 2 1/2 days. Honestly, all we did was talk while I was there, and I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. It was relaxing and so fun. However, I did come home feeling even sadder that Katy and I aren't next door neighbors (heck, I'd be happy with next-State neighbors!). Katy and Daron were so fun to be with and I felt so rejuvenated when I got home. (I didn't get many pictures, because honestly, we spent most of our time talking, but I did get some pictures from the fun places we ate at).

The first morning I was there, Daron made an AMAZING breakfast and served some awesome hot chocolate. The potatoes he did on the grill and they were so great!!
    
We got Pedicures!! Even Daron got one!

Mesa Temple
At the Melting Pot. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have succulent dreams about the dessert course!!!

I flew home yesterday afternoon and I was SO excited to see my kids and Steven. I was kind of surprised how excited I was. Luckily, they were equally excited to see me (and little Ella was about burst with excitement!). Steven did an awesome job holding down the fort while I was gone. But, not only did he keep the house running smoothly, but he pretty managed to makeover our kitchen while I was gone too! All a surprise to me! When we got home from the airport the kids were giddy with excitement to show me their surprise (which they were so good at keeping secret for our whole drive home. They didn't even mention a surprise during our drive home). Oh man, I'm in love with my new kitchen!! He paid a VERY talented friend of ours and I think he helped out when he could. They got wainscoting put up, painted all the walls, put down wood (laminate) floors, put up new trim and a new laundry room door, and new counter tops!!! HOLY COW! Have I mentioned that I love it? 
Don't mind the missing lights. We'd like to replace that fan at some point.
 
I don't really have any 'before' pictures to show, but just know, it's a HUGE improvement!! Then, I gave the kids the new pajamas Katy and I picked out for them while I was in Arizona. The kids LOVED them. They came with one pair of pants and two shirts (one long sleeved and one short sleeved) and my boys loved it so much that they wore both shirts at once (which I thought made them even cuter!). Once they changed into their pajamas Steven set up the tent in the living room so the kids could camp out, then we had a dance party in our new kitchen.









Anyway, as I said at the beginning, Steven is the best. I got a vacation and a new kitchen, just because I'm married to him. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me!!

5 comments:

Joe said...

Completely awesome! Love the kitchen and holy cow Ella is getting big! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Brandon and Aubrey said...

WOW!! That kitchen is AMAZING! It looks wonderful!

Julianne said...

The kitchen looks GREAT! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Leah said...

So Awesome!!

Katy Wilson said...

I"m impressed by the picture daron took of us...he never takes good pictures of people...but we both look pretty good! what a way to top off a vacation...coming home to a made over kitchen! One time while we were on a long trip to Utah we came home and a bunch of people in our ward and re-done our house. We had a new front door, I had a new bed spread and somenew curtains and a bunch of other stuff. Ever since then and even since I've been married...when I come home from a trip I look around to see if anyone has done anything new to my house since i've been gone. Of course with teenagers in teh house usually i come home and just see a bunch of stuff I have to clean up ;)

And look at your kids in those cutie pajamas!!!