Monday, March 19, 2012

LOVE

1. I'm in love with this 80 degree weather we're having in the middle of March. We've been spending SO much time outside, have had a constant nasty dirt ring around our tub (which is new each day, not just building from day to day) and have even played with the slip-n-slide Grandma sent us.
2. We have a date night babysitting swap that I love! Each family takes a turn watching all the kids, and when it's not your turn to babysit, you get two date nights with free babysitting! Saturday was our turn to watch the kids for our date night swap. We had 17 kids here most of the evening. Our 4, the 8 we were watching for our date night swap, and 5 neighborhood kids. It was some fun chaos.
3. As always, I'm crazy in love with my super hot husband. On Saturday, before the 17 kid invasion, Steven cleaned out our bedroom closet (which was in desperate need of attention) and our garage (which, believe it or not, needed more attention than our bedroom closet.). We hauled off a truck load (literally) of Goodwill stuff. It's amazing to me how freeing it is to have things clean and organized.
3. My kids seem to all be at a cute and fun stage right now. Ella isn't quite as demanding now that she has all of her teeth in. She's pretty opinionated, but it's more cute than annoying. Grant asks me about 8 times a day when his dad is coming home from work. Addie is doing a lot better at her school work and it is so cute and rewarding to see the proud look on her face when she does things the right way. And Landon has been quite cuddly lately (which is nice, since the smaller kids tend to be more pushy about their cuddle time, if Landon doesn't fight for it, he doesn't always get it!).
4. Lately I've been very thankful for our little neighborhood. I haven't always liked it. We have rental properties on both sides of us, and depending on who is living there, sometimes I'm not too thrilled with our location. But for the last year and a half, we've had a family next door with three little girls, close to my kids ages. The kids all play so well together, and aside from the occasional tattling that happens, it's so great to have good kids who live next door for my kids to play with.
 5. I LOVE to hear Ella jabber. The girl NEVER stops talking (unless there's someone around she doesn't know, then she gets shy). She jabbers non stop. When we're in the car, she yell out 'Mam, mam' until I say 'What'. Then she'll mumble on for a bit and if I don't respond with an 'Oh really?' or some response, she'll start over with a 'Mam, mam!!'. At home, she'll tap on me and call out my name until I pay attention to her. Although it can get annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something, it sure is a cute annoyance!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I really love that rug and those cute Harward kids!

Lace and Joe said...

I love this post!