We ate dinner with Grampy, then Landon and Addie, got their over stuffed book bags, and loaded up in Grampy's car.
Originally, when my parent's started Grandparent's Camp a couple years back, the rule was kids needed to be potty trained to attend. However, I don't think my parent's took into account that Amanda and I would be breeding like Rabbits, so there would be a lot of kids from the ages of 9 to 2 that fit in that category. So, my mom revised the rule this year. She's doing one for the School age kids, and then one for the preschool age kids. So she can do some more age-appropriate things with the two groups of kids. Which meant Grant couldn't go this week. And he was completely and utterly heart broken!
He cried for about an 45 minutes to an hour on our way home. We tried to tell him we'd get him an ice cream cone, candy (which Grampy gave him), a trip to Menard's, a trip to the park, that he could have a friend over. Nothing helped. All he kept saying was 'I just want to be 4 so I can go too! I want to go with Grampy! I don't want to be in this car with mom and dad and Ella!' It was heartbreaking to listen to. But today, we had his friend over, and he had a great time! It's crazy to think that at one point in my life, this is what my life was like. With just a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I can not for the life of me remember what I did when I only had 2 little kids! I'm excited to get some big things done this week since I'll only have two little's in tow. And to have some quality one-on-one time with my two little ones! I'm sure my big kids will be living it up, so I need to plan some fun things for the little ones!
1 comment:
That is such a cute idea...if I become a grandparent i want to do this too...
Post a Comment