Just found this post in my 'drafts' that I never published. Not that there's much of any importance in this post, but better late than never! It's from 2010
I really don't have much to say but feel like I should write something on here. So prepare for a post with random tidbits and random picture that I've taken and not posted for one reason or another. We've just been doing the same old thing around here. It's actually amazing how busy we can keep ourselves by doing nothing. Our schedule is filling up quickly though, which will be nice as the weather turns colder and we're stuck in the house more. We have Preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays, a lunch group on Tuesdays, and Art class on Thursdays. Friday's Steven is off, so it's like a weekend for us. Yep, we'll keep pretty busy.
I'm currently in the process of reupholstering this chair. I'm really itching to get over to my friend's house to work some more on it. She's been such a great help (because, let's face it, I'm COMPLETELY clueless!!) and we're just keeping the work-in-progress in her basement until we can finish it up. (UPDATE: I never did finish that chair. Which is sad, because I loved that chair!)
Mom had to teach an enrichment class on blogging and she was pretty intimidated by the assignment and had asked if I would go down to help her. I didn't think we'd make it down, but then on Thursday (the day of the class) the kids and I decided to go down last minute. I called Steven and talked it over with him and ten minutes later the kids and I were in the car. Steven had to work Friday because he had Monday off for Labor day so it worked out nicely. We got to mom and dad's at around 5:00 Thursday. Her class was at 6:30 that night. The next day we played, swam and then headed home at 3:00. It's nice having them only 3 hours away, so we can make short little trips like that without much hassle!
This Friday is my first Ward Activity as the Ward Activities Committee Chairman. I'm SO nervous about it. And just overwhelmed by it. My mind is CONSTANTLY searching to see if there are things that I'm not considering or planning that I should be.
Did I ever tell the story about when the Elmer's lived here (sniff, sniff) and the kids were in the backyard playing and Porter came in and called for me. When I went to see him I saw him like this (without the adorable HUGE smile) and I was frantic. I asked what happened and how his head started bleeding and he told me that Landon hit him. The he started laughing and told me it was just berry juice from the not-quite-ripe mulberries from our mulberry bush!! Silly trickster. We miss him like crazy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment