The best thing, for me, about Grandparents camp is how excited and happy my kids are to see each other again. I was bummed that Grant had been playing with my camera, so the the settings were off and the first two pictures were blurry, but you get the idea, right?
So, to end Grandparent's camp, my Parents took the kids to Holiday World. Which, is the best little place EVER! Because it's so darn fun, we decided to join the fun (as did the rest of the Elmer family). I've never been to Disney World, or Disney Land, but I imagine it's a bit like Holiday World, only on a MUCH larger scale (and I'm sure more pricey). At Holiday World, all the soft drinks and water are free. They have free sunscreen to use all day long. They have a dress code that they enforce so the environment stays family friendly. The workers are all SO friendly and helpful. It was pretty hot when we went, but luckily they have a pretty cool water park that has at least 3 little kid areas and tons of big water slides and rides. Landon had been most excited for this hopper type of ride. Where they shoot you up, then bounce you down bit by bit. I think this was the most rode ride.
These two were super excited for the bumper boats!
And there was lots of carousel, airplanes, and other little kiddie rides going on!
Ella wasn't too excited about riding the rockets. But, once they started she LOVED it. She squealed the entire time. All 5 or 6 times she rode it. Every time it would end she would throw a fit when it was time to get out!
The worst part for the little kids was waiting in line. It was torture!
Landon was brave enough to go on one of the big roller coasters with Nana, Casey and Porter. Maya spent the whole time with my Brad and Jessica, James and Hannah. I don't think she rode a single kiddie ride. In fact, at one point, I looked over at a big roller coaster and there was Maya, in the front seat, arms in the air, being whipped around and smiling her head off!We then spent a lot of time in the water park, where I did not bring my camera. So, no pictures of that. But then, we rode a Scrambler type of ride. It was Grants first time, and he didn't quite know what he was getting into. But he LOVED it!
| What's gonna happen, Mom? |
Grant gave it a 2 thumbs up at the end!Ender decided he didn't need any actual rides to have fun. Just being hung upside down was good enough for him!
It was a great day and I wish I had better pictures to show how fun it really was! On our way out I wast telling Steven and my sister Hannah about how when I was younger we'd always go to a place called Camdon Park when we'd go visit my Granny. I am so happy that Holiday World will make the same kind of memories for my kids!!


1 comment:
I was thinking of Camden Park as I looked at these pictures too:) I'm jealous, i don't have any pictures:( but i'm glad i got to look at yours. and there were plenty of my kids so thats always great:)
Post a Comment