Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

I feel so blessed to have my dad as my dad, and my wonderful husband as the father for my kids. What wonderful examples of what good, righteous, respectful men they are to those around them. Life is good with these guys around!!

We had a pretty relaxed and good Fathers day. I had to take a pie in for church (because they give all the dad's a slice of pie) and luckily for me, we happened to be in one of the best little pie shops ever, on Friday. So I bought Dutch Apple pie to save myself the work (and embarrassment) of making a pie. After church we locked Steven and Grant in the bedroom for a long nap, while Landon and Addie helped me straighten up the house and make posters for dad. After we 'decorated', I made an Almond Joy Cake (more like a Mounds cake, because sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you just don't have any nuts in your house, and it's Sunday, so you can't run out and get some, so you just leave them off and tell everyone to pretend like they don't notice). I'd never made it before, but it was turned out pretty good (thanks to Kayli for the amazing recipe!!) Not only had I never made this cake before, but I'd never made a cake from scratch before (pathetic, I know, but a cake mix is only, what?, 88 cents or something). Anyway, I was proud of it. We had a good dinner and played some games. Over all, I was a good day.

It's been a long week so I was ready for a good relaxing day. My poor kiddo's have been sick most of the week (well, over the course of the week they all took turns being sick). But to be honest, if they had to be sick, this was the sickness to get. Landon got it first, and all it was, was a fever. The kids ran a fever for about 3 days, and slept and wanted to be held and cuddled for those three days. It was so nice (except that I knew they felt yucky, and that's not nice). Addie got it later in the week. But the stubborn girl will NOT take medicine. I finally told her some chewable tablets were pink candy and she finally took it. But that was on the third day of her fever! Poor Grant got shots last Monday and ran a fever for about two days after. Then he got what the other kids had and ran a fever for another three to four days. So he was grumpy most of the week. Luckily, he back to his normal happy self. Tomorrow both Landon and Addie start swim lessons, so we should have some fun pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Youre kids are so grown up!
Have you heard from April in a while? I was just wondering about her.

Lynners said...

You are so brilliant! I'll bet your hubby felt like a rockstar! And the pie thing is brilliant. I'm totally suggesting that next year.

Anonymous said...

I love that you love Steven because "he's hot!!" Too funny. Happy father's day steven!