Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jellystone National Park

I love that Steven has every Friday off. As a result, we have the option of taking little weekend trips, without having to use vacation time. This past weekend we went to Jellystone National Park (yes, that's the park that Yogi the Bear lives in) in Kentucky. At first I thought it was a bit redneck-ish, but at the end of our stay I wished we could have stayed longer!! Because I have a TON of pictures, I'll just get to it.

On our way down we stopped at Mom and Dad's for a night. The next morning we got family pictures done (which I don't have yet). We got our whole 'Porter' family, and the just our own little families, plus all the kids individual pictures. Brad, James, and Hannah were a little bored after they were done and were waiting for everyone else to get done. Jellystone was only about an hour and a half from my parents so we left after pictures and got there in the early afternoon. Our cabin was cute and nice.It didn't take us long to break out the marshmallows.There was lots of fun and food to enjoy. The kool-aid mustache was a CONSTANT the whole weekend. It was also 'Pirate' weekend while we were there. So they had free crafts for the kids to do. They made pirate gold (painted rocks and sprinkled it with glitter).And of course, got pictures taken with Yogi Bear. (well, Maya and Addie did. Landon and Porter were too busy playing!)The boys had fun fishing. They didn't catch anything, but they all came back raving about how far Porter could cast his line.We rented this little golf cart to zoom around the campground in and the kids thought this was the BEST thing ever!!And of course we had a blast (a nervous blast, if there's such a thing) with Sparklers (sparklers are a lot more scary as a mom than they were as a kid).We got up early on Sunday and drove back to my parents and went to church with them, then we had lunch at their house after church then headed home. It was a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I am glad I could spend some time with you. My new meds seem to be much better. We'll have to do it again.

Leah said...

What a fun weekend trip!!

Katy Wilson said...

Wow...that looks like it was tons of fun! My favorite was the picture of Addy with one camoflauge croc on and one pink one...SO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

All I got to say that I think it is hilarious how Landon is fishing in his pajamas! Typical Landon...I love it!! :)

Searls Stuff said...

You can tell Addy and Maggie are related. Maggie isn't above wearing mismatched crocs either. How funny!