Thursday, June 25, 2009

Splish Splash

Summer is here and swim lessons have started!! Here they are on the first day.Addie was a bit timid at first. She didn't want me to leave her. I just handed her over to her teacher and walked off. About 3 minutes later she was splashin' around and having a great time!Landon wasn't hesitant AT ALL. I don't think he stopped bobbing up and down under the water the whole time!Landon, Porter, and Maya started out in the same class. Here's the three amigo'sAddie went to her class a little easier the second day. And it's gotten easier all week. Today she wasn't really hesitant at all!Landon and Maya were moved down a level (out of Porter's class) and Landon's doing great. I can't believe how well he was swimming!! I think his teacher is amused by Landon. I often see him smirking and trying to hold in a laugh, or looking at the other teachers to see if they heard or saw what Landon just did. I'll admit he is quite entertaining to watch (even if I am a bit partial).Overall, we've had a good time (Grant and I would be having more fun it wasn't in the high 90's with about 95% humidity!! (okay, I'm not exactly sure what percentage the humidity is at, but it's MISERABLE just sitting there watching them swim!!)) and we're hoping to get another round of swim lessons in before the summer is over. Swim lessons are two weeks long, so here's to another week of fun!!

5 comments:

Leah said...

We have been loving it too-Noah at least! Ian and I are roasting out there in the sun, wishing we were splashing in the water!

Searls Stuff said...

Your kids look like they are having a blast. So smart to get them lessons this young.
P.S. Oh what I would give for temperatures in the 90's! We have had over 10 days of triple digit temps. Our pool water is so warm it is like taking a bath.

Katy Wilson said...

Now, when you come to Arizona and visit me...and I do emphasise the WHEN...your kids will have no problem swimming in my pool!!!!

tacy said...

i remember taking swimming lessons! how fun!

Lynners said...

Cute! That's funny that Landon is such a ham. Hmmm. Sounds like someone I used to live with for a while. (tee, hee!)