Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where have I been?

I feel like it's been FOREVER since I've updated! Here's an idea of what's been going on.

1. Steven and Casey decided they didn't like the shrubs in front of our house. Steven's hated them since we moved in, and so he finally convinced me to rip them out. I didn't get a decent 'before' shot, but just imagine three shrubs on the other side the same size as the purple ones. Now we just need to decide what we need to put in those two beds.
Before:After:2. Grant had his 6 month chech up this week. He weighed just shy of 20 pounds. His weight and length were both in about the 97 percentile, his head however was off the charts. He's a big boy. 20 pounds of absolute cuteness!!

3. Grant has really gotten into playin dress up with Landon and Addie. I know what you're all thinking. What? He's only 6 months old. But thanks to his older brother and sister, he's in on all the action.

4. Steven has found a new love. He bought this truck this week. It's an old body with a new bed on the back. I don't know anything about cars, but I guess it's really nice. He really only bought it to resale it because he got it for a good deal. 5. Summer is certainly upon us. We have a mulberry (I think) bush behind our house and Landon has been OBSESSED with these things. Every day he'll bring me a cup with a couple berries in it and ask me to make a pie. I then tell him I need more berries but he can never seem to get enough into the cup without eating them. He discovered today however that if you squeeze the berries then it will color your skin. This is what he looked like at the end of the day.6. Last week I took the kids to a place called 'All Fired Up' to paint a ceramic piece and then they fire it for you. They made this dish and plate for Steven for Father's day. We got it back today and they couldn't wait to give it to him, so he got his gift a little early. He loved it. It's just a little dish for his change and keys.7. I forgot to mention this before but while we were 'camping' Addie cam into the cabin to talk to me and was telling me that she found the 'bug dirt'. I wasn't sure what she was talking about so I kept asking her about it. Then, I looked at her carefully, and noticed she was COVERED with ants. I'm assuming she got into an anthill and that was the 'bug dirt'. They were in her hair, on her arms, back, stomach, EVERYWHERE! We had to throw her in the shower to get rid of them. She's steering clear of the 'bug dirt' now.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I have some perennials that you could put in if you want!!

tacy said...

Is landon still purple? I can't imagine that stuff wants to come off

Webster family said...

We had mulberry trees in my yard when I was young. Even when I was mowing the lawn around the tree I got stains like that on my shoes!