Saturday, July 18, 2009

now THIS is what i call a WEEKEND!!

Oh, can it get better than this? I'm not sure. This weekend (so far) has been so great! Yesterday the weather was BEAUTIFUL so we spent quite a while at the park. It just doesn't get much better than having such great weather and spending time at the park!!Steven and I went out on a date while the Elmer's watched our kids. We were planning on seeing the new Harry Potter movie, but it was sold out. We we ended our date a bit early.

Today, we got up early and went out for breakfast. Going for breakfast is one of my very favorite things!! Here we are waiting for our table at Cracker Barrel.After breakfast we headed over to the mall to get Addie's ears pierced. She's been wanting earrings for quite a while. My Aunts little girl, Jenna, was visiting this week and Jenna had earrings, then Maya went last night to get her ears pierced, so Addie was ready to go.
Before...During...(luckily they did both at the same time, because I'm not sure she would have cooperated for the second one had the done them separately!)After...Isn't she SO cute?!? She LOVES them and has been feeling very pretty and fancy.

After that, we did some much needed grocery shopping, then dropped the kids off at the Elmer's again, while we went to see 'Harry Potter' in a matinee. As soon as we got back the Elmer's went out on a date. I really can't get enough of weekends like this. Nothing amazing happened, but having wonderful weather (windows open, house airing out) and lots of family time is so refreshing!!

5 comments:

tacy said...

yay! I love fun full weekends!!

Katy Wilson said...

I always think it's cute when little girls have their tiny little ears pierced! That crying face cracks me up!

Leah said...

I saw Addie with her ears pierced at the Elmer's. She and Maya were so cute showing them off to me!

Lynners said...

I so agree! It doesn't have to be fancy or dramatic time together to be great. The simple moments are the BEST!

Lake said...

I just loved Harry Potter! Wasn't it the best one yet?