Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh What A Day!

~ Landon woke up this morning in a pretty good mood (that's rare. He's not really a morning person and usually wakes up DEMANDING breakfast!). He cuddled with me for a minute (also rare now-a-days) and told me that he had a funny dream. He and Maya were in school and were riding the bus together and then, while he was sitting next to Maya on the bus, he realized he only had his underwear on! I thought it was SO funny that he's not even in school yet, but having the normal 'go to school in your underwear' dream. Not only that, but Landon LOVES being in just his underwear, so I wouldn't think that he would even notice that going to school in your underwear would be embarrassing!! Funny kid.

~ I took the kids to the Purdue fountains today on campus. Even though the water was a bit cold, Landon had a BLAST!! Addie had fun too. She thought she was SO BRAVE because she would touch ONE stream. They were pretty cute running around and shivering!~Amanda and I made some freezer jam today. It was about time. We only have about 1 container left in the freezer. We somehow miscalculated the amount of pectin and jars we would need for the amount of strawberries we were getting. So, after we used all the jars, we still had 60 cups of strawberries left. It takes about 3 cups of strawberries PER batch!! So, I have a feeling we'll be making more jam tomorrow!!~I had my photography class tonight. Our church offers a photography class as an Enrichment group every summer. I've been wanting to take it for a while and finally did this summer. I'm REALLY enjoying it. I've learned so much. I'm not very good at composing the pictures, but I feel like I'm improving! Just for fun, here are some of the ones I've taken so far.

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Great pictures...I wish I could take really good pictures and have them frameable...

Zarsky Family said...

That is fun to do a photography class. Your pictures are great--my favorite is the one of baby feet. Why are baby feet just so cute?

tacy said...

I love the pictures! I loved my photography class! I LOVE freezer Jam!! I'm hoping my mom will want to make some when I get home, keep your fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, your pictures are awesome! I would love it if someone offered those type of classes here! :) Sounds like you have a lot of jam to make! My nieces and nephews love water fountains to run through! It's funny how the simple things can bring so much enjoyment to kids!