I'm so tired, so I'm going to 'TRY' to keep this short. My dear friend, Katy, told me that it was far past time for me to update my blog and the pictures on the sidebar (and as she told me, she nags because she loves me). So, here's my lame attempt to updating.
We had a good 4th of July even though it wasn't perfect. We headed down to my parents Thursday after Steven got off work. When we got there, my throat was a bit sore, but I just ignored it. Brad was in bed when we got there, sick as a dog with fever and chills, sore throat and achy body. Since he's a full time student and part time employee, he doesn't have insurance. I called Walgreens and they told me that they have a 'Take Care Clinic', which is a GREAT thing. It's like going to a dr visit or the Urgent Care, only a ton cheaper than Urgent Care. If you have insurance it's the cost of a dr. visit. If you don't have insurance it's $74. Anyway they were closed when I called, so the next morning, I was feeling worse, Brad and I headed to Walgreens to see what was going on. Sure enough, we both had strep throat. The Elmers came down Friday (Bennett and Maya were on an Antibiotic for strep already, as were Landon and Addie). By Sunday night mom was feeling sick, and sure enough, she had strep too. So, out of the 15 of us (counting Grant) that were there this weekend, 7 of us were on an antibiotic. It was a bit crazy!!
We didn't do anything too fancy (thanks to the strep) but we had a great time just hanging out and watching the fireworks in their neighborhood. Steven also bought some fireworks that we set off. Overall, it was a good weekend. I'll update more about what's going on around here later this week. As for now, I'm off to bed!!
6 comments:
That's nuts! I hope you all get feeling better soon!
BTW, I love your new pics. Grant in that mask is freakin' hilarious!
you're back! Sorry you guys were sick, that is no fun! but sometimes just being with family is more fun than doing extravagant things.
Im glad to see you have updated!
Yeah! Cute pictures...and I too am sorry about the sickness...
Why is it that sickness strikes when you are planning on having so much fun?! I hope that you guys feel 100% very soon. Do you have any other fun trips planned for the summer?
I hope you are ALL back to normal soon. (Whatever normal is.)
Post a Comment