In other news...My mom came in for the program. It's always so fun to have family come visit. We spent most of Saturday organizing our guest room/office/storage room. The pictures don't really do it justice (and I hope you all know how brave I am to put these 'before' pictures on here!) but I'm so happy with how it turned out.
BEFORE:

I didn't take a picture of the bed before (it was a DISASTER! I had been sorting through things and a ton of the stuff was on the bed, and we didn't really glamorize, or make it any cuter or fancier, but everything is ORGANIZED!!! Oh what a great feeling that is!!AFTER:



I've realized over the past year that I'm a 'survivor' not a 'problem solver'. When something is out of control in my life, I just go into survival mode, not solver mode. That's what happened with my back room. It was just out of control and I wasn't sure how to tackle it. It was just too overwhelming for me. So I just avoided that room as much as I could. This is one of my weaknesses, I know! So it feels so great to have this space organized in a way that I can maintain. Mom and I had to call dad to get some tips (since this is what he does for a living! Not really on a home level, but the same principles apply. He organizes companies to make them more efficient, so I trusted that he could help me with my 'company') Anyway, I never got took a before picture of my hall closet, so the after picture won't be at all impressive, but those who have seen my closet before will notice the difference. We've been in this house for 5 years, and I just realized that a solution to this problem I've had, would be an over the door shoe holder. Before the shoes would just get thrown in the floor of the closet (along with coats and bags) and it was a HUGE pain to find shoes, because we had to dig through everything in the closet. So, behold my closet (which now looks like a normal closet and not a unorganized mess!)
While mom and I tackled the mess, Steven and the kids worked on pumpkins. We didn't carve any, we got these great 'mister potato head' pieces that you stick in the pumpkin. The kids were SO excited about it!

Landon and his pirate!!

Addie and her princess! And this one was for Grant (even though it's a witch and kind of girly). The kids and Steven put it together for him
Fall is here in full force! We've had some very gray days, but today the sun was out and the trees looked SO pretty. My pictures don't do them justice.



And because this post isn't long enough,here's a bunch of random goofy pictures of my cute kids (and believe if or not, I do wash their faces. It just always seems like their faces are dirty when I take pictures!) Landon took quite a few of these of himself. He's a little photo happy!

Oh, by the way, my son's a genius! He now blows kisses, does the signs for the weather song, mimic's us when we say 'Mama' 'dada' 'buba' 'uh-oh' 'A-do' (I think that's his way of saying Addie) and a couple other things!!
But he doesn't like to look like a girl!! (I thought it was cute! Steven, Landon and Addie all agreed with Grant and were insistent I take it out!!)

Landon, the ghost!






Isn't she so pretty? Dirty face and messy hair and all!
6 comments:
This post was an emotional roller coaster. I was crying imagining poor Landon at the primary program and I was peeing my pants laughing at the silly pics. Landon in the background of addies picture was so funny, then next was stevo's (supper funny) and as if that wasn't enough yours was next. Bennett and I were bustin' up.
I forgot to tell you when I commeneted on your 'weather song' post that I babysit this litte kid sometimes and I would sing him the 'round and round the garden like a teddy bear...' song and he LOVES IT!! It's the only one I remember of the songs that you sing to your kids...
Can you use those Mr. Potato Head pumpkin things on a real Mr. Potato head when they are done on the pumpkin? I saw those at the store and was trying to figure that out.
I don't think you can use the Mr. Potato pieces on an actual Mr. Potato Head. I think the ends are too big. I think we'll just save them with our fall decorations and use them every year.
I loved the pictures of the colored leaves! they are aweseome!!! I am sorry Landon had such a rough time! can only imagine how that owuld rip at your heart strings as a mom! The other pictures were darling and I got a nice laugh! :)
I am sooooo proud of you!! Your spare bedroom looks awesome!! Poor Landon, but at least he did do all the songs. As I remember him, he loves to sing. What a cute kid!!
Post a Comment