bits o' pieces

- We went to mom and dad's for General Conference (Steven got Addie some pink glasses, which she wore almost all weekend and is modeling in the above picture). It was so great. I love conference weekend. It's so relaxing, uplifting, and rejuvenating. There were quite a few talks that I liked and felt impacted by. I can't wait to read the talks again and really focus on applying some things to my life. I'm ready for a change!

- I'm at a loss as to what to do with my son. Well, both son's to be honest. Son #1 (who often goes by the name Landon, but takes on the personality of Satan at times) is at an age where he can be so sweet and caring and thoughtful. I feel like we've been having some very fun, entertaining and enjoyable conversations lately. But, it's like he's bi-polar, because although I feel like he's maturing in some areas, he's out of control in others. He argues with me about EVERYTHING! It's honestly driving me crazy. It seems like he's disobedient and doesn't care at all. I swear we go through this about every 6 months. He'll be really hard to deal with for about 6 months, then I'll feel like he's coming out of it and about 6 months later he's back where he was full speed ahead! It's going to be the death of me, I tell you.

- Now, son #2 (Grant, or the screamer) is almost 10 months old, and still insists on waking up every night at midnight to eat. I had a great idea that Steven would get up and get him and rock him, and since I wasn't there to feed him, he'd go right back to sleep. That didn't work. After Grant screamed for an hour, Steven finally brought him to me, and I fed him, because it was the easiest thing to do. The next time, I let him cry for a half hour, then got him (because he shares a room with Landon and Addie and I didn't want him to wake them up in the middle of the night) then I rocked him for about a half hour, then he cried for another half hour, then I rocked him some more for about a half hour. Finally at 2:00 in the morning I laid him down, and then at 3:00 he woke up again. Since I had only had a total of 2 hours of sleep I didn't even try to fight it and I just fed him. How in the world am I going to wean this kid in 2 months if he isn't even sleeping through the night? Not to mention that I'm not the nicest person when I'm running on little sleep, like I have been for the past 9 months!!

- I worked my butt of today. After preschool, the kids and I headed over to the post office and bank (neither place is very fun with three little, very rambunctious and hungry kids!) After the bank (which took longer than I expected, but luckily they had a 'kid table' in there, which entertained my kids for about 2 seconds!) we headed to the grocery store. An hour later, we were unloading everything into the house. Then I totally rearranged my kitchen. Ever since I moved into this house I've hated my kitchen. It's poorly designed (see above picture). There's little counter space and even less usable cupboard space! I finally cleaned everything out and organized it and cleaned out the fridge, and organized our cereal shelf (which is in our laundry room because, like I said, my kitchen seriously lacks cupboard space!). Anyway, it was nice to feel some what productive, even if the rest of my house did look terrible (well, we did do a quick clean up before Steven came home)!!

- I'm also at a loss as to why this girl can't seem to sleep unless she is snuggled VERY closely to either me or Steven. Anyone want to solve this one for me?
- And lastly, I lost 1 pound at weight watchers this week! Not as good as the week before, but I'm happy about it nonetheless!
4 comments:
I hear ya on the lack of cupboard space...yuck.
Good luck with Grant! Waking up to feed a crying baby every night can SURE take it's toll on a mom!
And, by the way, have I ever told you how much I like reading your blog? I sure thought the world of you when I knew you at BYU-I and I think even more of you now. I'm sure you're your hardest critic, but I admire the kind of mother you are and I want to be more like you! You're honest about the tough times, but your blog is always flooded with stories and pictures that show just how much you love your kids and how dedicated you are to your family and the church. So...thanks for being my example!
Dang Sarah, that sucks. Our little girl weened herself at 7 months, so not much advice there. However, we do tend to stuff her to the gills with baby food just before bed and that seems to help her not have routine "wake-ups" during the night. Since your guy is so big, maybe that would help.
Don't you just hate when builders waste all that storage space on top of cabinets? At least yours is open and you can eventually put some door up there. Mine is all closed up with not hope of using it for storage. I love the bright color in you kitchen!
You and Leslie are both suffering with those sleepless nights. All I can say is that in time it will end.
Love ya!
Porter laughed and laughed at grants picture in the stroller. What a cute guy.
Post a Comment