Monday, May 3, 2010

Life

I am not quite sure that this is the best time for me to be starting a post, because I wish I was asleep about 2 hours ago (and yes, it's only 9:50pm), but I have some pictures that I need to put up, and after the stroke to my ego that Sophie's last comment on my previous post gave me (about how even if I updated my blog once a day it wouldn't be enough for her) I thought I'd better update while I was thinking about it!

My kids have been OBSESSED with cutting things lately. Luckily for me, mainly just paper, although Addie did snip a bit of her hair today, but I quickly reminded her that if she cuts her hair I will have to give her a boy hair cut. That should scare her enough to not try it again (I HOPE!). Grant thinks he should be right in on whatever the older two are doing. He loves to 'draw' or 'color' but he always insists on doing it while laying on his stomach, which I happen to think is the cutest thing ever!! (don't mind the mess, as I motioned, they are obsessed with cutting, and since Grant can't have scissors, he had to lay in the middle of their mess to 'draw')We had a busy weekend this past weekend. The youth at church had their annual fund raiser, which I was on the committee to help plan. It ended up being great (from what I heard, I spend the whole time helping in the kitchen, but I can tell you the food was AMAZING!) Steven played his bagpipes, because it was a talent/variety show type of thing. He did so great. He was quite funny. He came in playing a song, then told a couple witty jokes/remarks, then ended with a song. I had a TON of people come up to me afterwards talking about how much they loved it, and how they didn't know he was so funny, and how he's a closet stand-up comic. I was pretty proud of him. Okay, I was REALLY proud of him! I didn't get any pictures of his performances, but it was great. The fund raiser was Friday and Saturday night. Saturday morning we just had a relaxing slow morning (which was so nice) and had some family cuddle time (which turned into show off for the camera, and then get mad because mom won't give you the camera!).This picture of Grant cracks me up!! He has one eyebrow raised and one down. He was mad that we wouldn't give him the camera, and even though he doesn't look really really mad, his face (and Buddha belly crack me up!!!)Landon has been on a wild spell lately (okay, since he was born) and so today I told him he had to lay down and take a nap during quite time. He never napped, but he did lay in bed for over and hour without hardly making a peep! Grant was sleeping, and Addie was playing on pbskids.org so I laid on the couch and took a little nap. It was so heavenly! Afterwards, we decided to go to the park.Grant LOVES oranges, but he takes his eating seriously!It was a BEAUTIFUL day! However, while we were at the park (maybe an hour, tops) the sky went from this:to this:Because I was feeling lazy, I decided to order pizza on our way home. It hadn't quite started raining yet, so I said I'd pick it up instead of having it delivered. However, the place I called, happened to be close to campus, with limited parking, so I had to lug all the kids in (and of course, by that point it was really raining). And when we got back to the car, I had Landon hold the pizza's (while I held Grant and got the keys out to open the doors to the car) and Landon dropped one of the pizza's upside down and a piece or two fell out of the box. Luckily it was the kids cheese pizza. But I got soaked trying to get it all put back together. Oh well, at least I didn't have to cook dinner, or have much of a clean up after we ate!

4 comments:

Sophie Caroline said...

It made my day when I checked your blog and found that you had updated! And then on top of that you mentioned me!! Thanks soooo much!

Kathy said...

Grant is so stinking cute. Is he walking yet? Of course, you are just being hard on Landon because YOU need sleep. Go to bed and leave Landon's self esteem alone :)

Katy Wilson said...

It looks like Grant got his dads talent at the one eyebrow lift...that is so funny!

Amanda said...

those kids are getting too too big! I miss you guys. Porter dropped of pasta salad upside down on the sidewalk yesterday. Kids sheesh.