Monday, December 13, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

1. A friend of mine posted on her blog about a Christmas family night they did. She talked about giving Jesus gifts for Christmas by doing kind things for the people we love. Every time you did a kind deed you were able to put a piece of straw in a manger to make a nice soft bed for Jesus on Christmas day. I decided to copy the idea so I got on line and found the story, made a manger (out of popsicle sticks) and we've been watching the manger fill with hay (or rope in our case). Landon and Addie have been making people's beds, happily helping me, and being good helpers to Grant. Our manger isn't the best thing in the world, but it works. (this is after it had been broken once or twice)2. Unfortunately, the kids are now aware of the HUGE box of popsicle sticks that I had hiding in the craft bucket. As I result, I've found this in four rooms.It's driving me CRAZY! I think I finally found a hiding place for them where the kids will stop getting them out!3. Sweet little Ella is starting to lose her dark baby hair. As a result it looks like her forehead is growing bigger and bigger. (she totally reminds me of Landon in this picture with her bottome lip tucked under her top)4. We went to a white elephant gift exchange this past weekend. We came home with the game 'Celestial Pursuit' (which Steven was actually happy with) and I was just glad that we didn't get the two live gerbals like another couple did! I made these hats to give away. We also framed this picture of me and Steven to give, with the hats, to the lucky recipents of our gifts. Everyone got quite the kick out of them. I'm making another one for a white elephant gift exchange Steven has for work. The best part is that on Saturday we had our ward Christmas party and the couple who got our hats were there. The guy came wearing the hat. He said he loves it, and I quote '...it's like a hug on my face...' He said he'll be a walking advertisment for me because he's going to wear it to the bus every day.5. Speaking of our ward party, it was my last activitiy as the Activities Chairman. And I didn't even do much for the party! My committee totally took the reigns and did everything so all I had to do was help where they needed it. I was SO appreciative since Ella is only 4 weeks old! I thought it went over really well. Santa Claus made an appearance, which was SUPER exciting! My kids were SO thrilled!6.After the ward party, Grant decided he needed some cereal before bed. Steven got him some fruity pebbles (which I am SO glad they are all gone. I HATE them. They're nothing but sugar, and they're so messy!). I walked into the kitchen and found him with these glasses on while eating the cereal. He's too cute!That's pretty much all we've been up to.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Those hats are awesome Sarah!

Amanda said...

I love how Addie is waving in the santa picture. For some reason it cracks me up.

Searls Stuff said...

These look so much better than the one in the link you sent me. I love the one you are wearing! Happy Christmas!

Katy Wilson said...

I want one of those hats! I bet it would be so warm to wear when I was working at NRI in the winter!!!