Monday, December 6, 2010

Remember...

I don't think I'll have time to finish this post in one sitting. Usually around this time of day my mom and Amanda call me (on three-way) and we talk most of the morning away while we try to get the boring jobs done for the day (like folding laundry, and cleaning bathrooms, and sometimes my mom will jump in the shower and we won't even know it, because she puts the phone on mute so we can't hear the water going, but she can listen to me and Amanda talk, because lets face it, showering is kind of a boring thing...) I wanted to get all of these things put up here last night, but for some annoying reason our Internet wasn't working. So, here's to hoping I'll get this up before my mom and Amanda call, or before Ella starts calling me to feed her.

REMEMBER: how my mom wanted me to take pictures of my kids for my dad's office? Remember how she said '...if you get a second today, would you snap a picture or two of your kids all together for your dad's office?' and she made it sound so easy? And then remember how I had to get everyone dressed in matching outfits (because we've been living in our pajama's lately), try to get Ella to sleep soundly (or at least not scream) try to get Landon to stop being insane, and try to get Addie to leave her hair in, AND try to get Grant to look at the camera and keep his lovey and thumb out of his face, or at least stay still in one spot? It was a NIGHTMARE! We didn't really even get a decent picture. The lighting was terrible (it was a dark cloudy day). Here's a few 'okay' pictures we got (just so you'll be able to appreciate just how terrible the experience was).REMEMBER: how Grant learned how to open clementines, and so he eats almost an entire 3 pound bag in one day?REMEMBER: how I was saying my mom and Amanda would call? Well, they just did, so I'll be back later... (not that you'll know I was gone)

okay, I'm back now

REMEMBER: how my kids were so excited for that light dusting of snow? Well, I'm sure you can imagine their excitement when they woke up to find this...REMEMBER: how I had a list of things to do to keep us busy when we had that little bit of snow? Well, I had to come up with some new ideas when the real snow hit. So, we made snowflakes (which were a bit too hard for my kids, especially since we could only find a reject pair of scissors). And we dipped some pretzels (while Grant and Ella were napping).REMEMBER: how Santa comes to our house every night in December and leaves a little gift in the kids stockings if they're well behaved and sleep all night in their beds? It's working like a charm in keeping Addie in her bed, but backfiring a big with Landon. He gets TOO excited and can't hardly sleep past 5:00 in the morning because he wants to check his stocking so bad. Last night he woke me up at 1:00, 3:30, and 5:30, asking if he could check his stocking. I don't even want to think of what he's going to be like on Christmas Eve! Also, Sheldon the Elf has started hiding around our house again, and the other night he brought the kids a surprise as well. A card game "Pictureka" which we've really enjoyed so far (when Grant isn't grabbing the cards like a mad man!)And with that, I'm off to get my hair out of this towel and get the kids ready to pick Landon up from school.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I love Sheldon and I really love the picture of the kids in a circle on the bed. Do you have that in color, could you send both to my Snapfish account? Thanks. Love you guys sooooooo much.

Brittany said...

My friend bought her son a digital clock and then wrote the time he was allowed to get up on a card and taped it next to the clock. They explained that when they matched he could get out of bed. Perhaps you could tell him the stocking won't be full until that time and then on Christmas Eve Santa won't come until after that certain time. Just a thought.
Love the pics!

Amanda said...

I like the black and white picture of all their faces. Especially Grant sucking on his thumb with his lovey. So typical.

Lace and Joe said...

You seriously have the cutest kids ever!!!!

Sophie Caroline said...

What a CUTE outfit Ella is wearing in these pictures. :)