Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My plan

Today should be an interesting day. Not because anything interesting is planned or happening, but because we got snow last night. And by snow, I mean a very fine dusting and covering.This little amount of snow has caused my kids to be filled with such excitement and energy. So much energy that if they don't let it out with bursts to happy yelling, wrestling, running around, and very loud singing, they're sure they'll explode! This is all fine and good, except that I'm not filled with the same energy. Actually just listening to them wears me out and makes me want to take a nap. So, I've resolved to be patient and speak kindly all day. To find fun things for the kids to do, so they don't just run wild. I wonder if they'll think a movie while cuddled in my bed is as good of an idea as I do. I'll run it by them. If that doesn't work though, here's some things I've got up my sleeve:

~Make a paper chain counting down the days until Christmas (or at least until we go to my parents and the kids can see their cousins) because I'm really sick of them asking me every 20-30 minutes how far away Christmas is. We set up our Christmas tree on Monday for Family Home Evening (which was more like Family Home NOON, because we did it during Grant's nap time, because Steven was at work until 10:00 that night, and I knew I wouldn't have the patience to try to get it set up at 7:00 that night, because I'd be ready for bed time). Ever since the tree's been up, I've been bombarded with questions about Christmas and Santa Claus. Landon has tried to set up the nativities about 3 or 4 times, but I have no place to set them up now that our piano is gone. So Landon seems to think the kitchen table is a great place for them. I might have to have Steven put up some shelves today...~Let the kids help me make a big pot of soup, because it's COLD (and blustery)!

~Color and draw pictures

~Makes some of these ornaments with the kids for our pretty bare tree. (we can't seem to find a box with some ornaments, the tree skirt, and stockings in it. I'm afraid that Steven threw it out when he was cleaning out the garage. He tends to get a bit trash happy when he's cleaning).~Take an updated picture of all four kids together for Steven and my dad's office.

~Make muffins and hot chocolate for lunch.

~And, if the kids are playing nicely by themselves, I'm going to make a couple hats (and I'm thinking of making one of these, but with pink trim, for Ella, although she looks cute in this brown and tan one!).Here's to hoping that I'll follow through...

6 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

The fact that I hate not living close to you guys doesn't get any better when 1) you have adorable kids that don't know my as well as I want them to 2) you get snow and I don't 3) I dream about your family at least once or twice a week! It's so weird!!!!

Cute pictures!!!

Casey said...

So cute. I love the bear/monkey hat. She looks darling in it, and not at all boyish. Probably due to the pink clothes and heart blanket. I also am digging Landons silly band clad arm.

Casey said...

Bennett said "There's Addie, there's my toodle bike"

Brittany said...

man, i'm worn out reading your post! But I would love a muffin...

Kathy said...

Love the hat. Jessica sent me that pic. So cute and I wish my tree was up. Maybe tomorrow night? Dad doesn't have meetings tomorrow. We shall see. Wanna come down this weekend?

Leah said...

I love that hat!! And good ideas, I might have to steal a few!!