Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Two Years
Two years ago we went from having two kids to three. I can not believe that my little Grant is 2 years old today! Even more than that though, I can't believe how much he adds to our family and how much we love him. I wish I was good with words and could truly express how I felt about him (and all my kids for that matter!) He's in my favorite stage. I don't think there is much better than a 2 year old. He's talking more and more and has quite the personality. Today I coughed and he said 'Oh, goodness' in a concerned mothering type of voice. Honestly, they just don't come any cuter! We're going to do a birthday party for him next week when we're at my parents, so I'll do a proper post then. We didn't have cake today, but we did start the day off with pancakes in the kids initials (well, Grants and Addie's, Landon has decided he doesn't' like pancakes, so he had rice crispies). The kids then gave him some cars (which he loved!). Besides that we just had a laid back day. We sang 'Happy Birthday' to him a lot, but he'd always sing along. And every time any one would wish him a happy birthday he's say it back to them. Cute guy!
I wanted to show off this amazing birthday gift I got. My friend Lucy made me this chore box for my birthday (which was on Sunday). Honestly, I was giddy with excitement! I saw this idea a while back on a blog, but thought it would be too hard to make. A bit later, I noticed Lucy had one at her house. I commented on how much I liked it and wanted to make one. Then she told me that she had made it over the summer while home visiting her family, and what a pain it was to make. So, you can imagine I was so shocked and excited that she made me one too! And she made it clear back in the summer! How thoughtful is that?!? I told her it will probably be the best birthday AND Christmas gift I get this year (it was totally the best birthday gift, since it was the only one). I'm really excited to get using it!
And I spent the day sewing and crocheting. I should have been cleaning, because let me tell you that my house needs it, but I didn't want to, so I decided to take the day off (kind of) and just do what I wanted to do. I made this bag for a friend and two burp cloths. I've never had a baby who spits up much, but Ella does. I was hoping to get more than just two out of the fabric, but I was happy with what I got. 
And cute little Ella has been giving us the 'crazy eyes' lately. I couldn't get a good picture of it, because she does it the best when she's held a certain way, but here's a slight preview of the wide buggy eyed look she'll give us sometimes, which cracks us up!!
Anyway, I'm off to bed but wanted to make sure I acknowledged my sweetly wonderful two year old, Grant. We sure do love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute chore chart! I wish my 'kids' were cute and little and would obey a chore chart thing...
Cute bag! Sometimes it's nice to take a day and do whatever you want. I am glad you enjoyed your time.
Post a Comment