
A while back Steven found this microwave that someone had put out with the trash. He decided to pick it up and see if it worked, which it did. So with the the help of our neighbor, they installed it this past week. I wasn't too thrilled about it, because we had a microwave that I really like. But now that this one is in, I'm in love! I didn't realize how convenient having a microwave over the stove was, or how inconvenient it was to have our other microwave on the other side of the kitchen.

This little girl LOVES her baths. She loves to splash and kick in the water. I can't wait for her to be able to sit up, then she'll really have a ball!

The most exciting thing this week, is that Landon and Addie started gymnastics. They have been SO excited for this. I was a bit worried about how Addie would do. She tends to get shy and reserved when doing new things. I was really worried that she'd cling to my leg, whine, and fuss while I was trying to get her to go. She did SO GREAT! Just walked right up when they called her name, did everything the teacher asked, and sat and listened so well!! It's funny how when your kids have little successes like this, it feels like a huge success for you as well! They were SO cute doing all their things. I wasn't able to get very good pictures because it was a large gym, and my camera isn't really good at taking those kind of pictures. Plus, I had Grant who kept telling me it was his turn and would get quite annoyed with me when I told him he had to stay off the mats.



I loved how every time they would walk past each other they'd wave. Too cute!


I just hope they keep the excitement for it over the next 9 weeks!

Steven is out of town for a couple days. He's off in Utah, enjoying some family time. I was pretty bummed that we all couldn't go, but tickets were just too much money. Steven got a ticket for his Christmas and Birthday gifts. So, I took the kids to 'Spring Fest' today. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!! It was cloudy and rainy this morning, but it cleared up, and turned down right hot! I actually got a bit pink on my face! Anyway, Purdue does a fair type of thing in the spring. I ate a brownie with a cricket in it (the taste was fine, it was the crunch that was a bit disturbing!). My friend and neighbor, Jamie (pictured below with the kids golfing)and her family went with me and helped me coral the kids. We had a hectic, but fun time. The kids played a little round of golf, which took a lot longer than I thought it would.




Grant was a lady bug magnet. It seemed like every time I looked at him, there was a lady bug on his shirt. One time a lady bug even flew into his face and landed on his lip. He thought that was pretty funny. To think he didn't have a nap today, he did pretty well.


I'm not sure what is wrong with my family, but NONE of us can get a good picture together!! So, we'll make do with what we have!!

And lastly, I couldn't find Grant's lovey ANYWHERE in this house. I've searched everywhere, two or three times, and still can't find it. So Grant didn't go to bed well tonight. Not only is his dad gone (who he is missing terribly!) but without his lovey he was fit to be tied! Somehow he broke his crib, and we'll have to wait until Steven comes home to see if he can fix it. So, after a bowl of cereal (which he INSISTED he needed. He is addicted to rice krispies with honey and milk on top). He finally fell asleep on Steven's pillow. Like this...

I'm sure he's dreaming of some amazing adventures on the 'high seas'. And I think I'll go join him!
(p.s. I don't take responsibility for any formating errors. Blogger is being DUMB!)
2 comments:
Why was the cricket in the brownie? Intentional?!?!?! Brave girl!
Sarah
I've loved catching up on your blog! Your hats are adorable and so is little Ella!
Post a Comment