Monday, April 4, 2011

This one goes out to the one I love...

I often think about how very lucky I am to have Steven in my life. I really can't imagine my life without him. I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately for two reasons. Number one being that I had one of those terrible dreams last week where Steven cheats on me and tells me why I'm so unlovable. I hate those dreams. I always wake up crying. I woke Steven up at 5:00 to ask him if he was cheating on me, because the dream was that real. Anyway, the other reason I've been thinking about how lucky I am and how terrible my life would be without him is because it was his birthday yesterday! The big 3-0. I feel so bad that I didn't do anything special for him. In fact, we didn't even do anything very fun. We spent a good part of last week and the weekend at my parents house helping out with my sisters kids while she was in the hospital having baby number 5. I don't think that spending all that time recovering from surgery, with 8 small kids, the oldest being 8 is his idea of a good birthday weekend. But, being the wonderful trooper that he is, he didn't complain once. And, because it seems like the blog-thing to do, here are 30 reasons why I love Steven so much!

  1. He compliments me so well. Where I fall short, he is strong.
  2. He's humble. Pride doesn't keep Steven for being happy or jealous of others and their success.
  3. He easily sees the good in other people.
  4. He's very mellow and not very easily annoyed.
  5. In most things he's quite patient.
  6. He takes criticism VERY well.
  7. He never takes offense.
  8. He's SUPER HOT!!
  9. He is a wonderful father and loves our children with all of his heart!
  10. He's a wonderful husband. I really do feel like Steven puts me and my wants and desires above his own.
  11. He's a worthy priesthood holder who honors his sacred priesthood.
  12. He loves the gospel so much and finds joy in learning more about it.
  13. He makes me want to be a better person.
  14. He is very honest and trustworthy.
  15. He is not stubborn and very easy to compromise with.
  16. He VERY funny, but doesn't demand attention or push himself on other people.
  17. He's 100% okay with who he is. He always gives you the 'real deal'. He is never fake or phony, and never pretends to be something he isn't.
  18. He's very caring.
  19. He is quick to apologize.
  20. He's a pretty handy guy, who can figure out how to fix things.
  21. He's a hard worker and will do whatever it takes to provide for our family.
  22. He supports (and wants) me staying at home with the kids.
  23. He values the roll of a mother.
  24. He is willing to do things that he doesn't like much (like playing games) because he knows I like to.
  25. He is a great example to me and our children.
  26. He's very loyal.
  27. He is always willing to help me when I need help.
  28. He not only tolerates living with me, but I actually believe he LIKES living with me!
  29. He's supportive of me and whatever I do.
  30. He is witty and always makes me laugh. He's fun to be around!

Obviously that's not a comprehensive list, and in no particular order. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a wonderful husband and companion. I'm looking forward to the rest of our lives together!!! Happy birthday (a day late) Steven! I love you!!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Boy, that list makes me love him too Sarah! (ha ha) It's wonderful to know two people so devoted to each other. You're amazing examples to me ~ thanks.

Kathy said...

You are so blessed to have such a great guy. I love him too!

Melissa said...

You are so blessed Sarah!! He is so amazing! I loved reading your list...it made me realize how blessed I am now too. :) Now quit having those dreams of him cheating!! Poor Steven. haha.